These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Where does import fixture file live?

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
jjbutera
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Where does import fixture file live?

Post by jjbutera »

I imported a fixture file (*.pff) just fine. I'm able to open it in the fixture creator/editor. I'd like to view the actual *.fxt file in a text editor but I can't seem to find it on disk. I thought it would be in the FreeStyler/Fixtures folder, but it isn't. The reason I'd like to view the file is because I want' to attempt to reorder the macros. There doesn't appear to be a way to do so using the editor. Where do the imported fixture files live?

jjbutera
FreeStyler Version: 3.6

Re: Where does import fixture file live?

Post by jjbutera »

Okay, I've got FreeStyler installed in my Program Files directory. Windows won't let programs write data after install into this directory. It actually writes to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\FreeStyler\Fixtures folder which is basically also used as a source when the application is reading the Program Files directory.
TarbottonD
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.51

Re: Where does import fixture file live?

Post by TarbottonD »

You can modify the directory permissions on the Program Files (x86)\FreeStyler to allow the program to write into this directory, rather than the AppData\Local\VirtualStore location.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”