These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Cues run in sequence, sometimes not.

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
rederikus
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.2

Cues run in sequence, sometimes not.

Post by rederikus »

I recognise the incredible power and potential of Freestyler. However I am having some trouble getting it out of its box and into my light show. Once I have done that Things will work fine I am sure

I have a Windows 10 PC version 3.6.2 and an ENTTEC PRO interface. I have 16 LED PARS which are 4 channel (see attached manual) :twisted: :twisted: . They all work. My goal is to simply light a live band on stage. Easy, right? Well...

Many of my sequences are one or two steps. Red channel 255, Green Channel 255, and so on. I have about 50 different colours as sequences. I also have a number of chase sequences which are obviously multi-step.

In the Cue list I have displayed these in logical button groups (Bright Colours, Pastel Colours, Chases, etc.). It all displays nicely and each sequence works fine when run from the sequence editor.

In the Cue list however I cannot stop my solid color cues skipping down the entire list. Likewise the chases run sequentially. The red active buttons show on all cue sequences in the panel. How do I stop this please? I have been over every option in sequence creation and in the Cue panel as well as the button options.

I am sure someone here will provide me with a "Duh" moment with a simple fix, so thanks in advance.

I am loving Freestyler and want to expand my knowledge of it and my shows. It is such a big space that there is quite a steep learning curve until you get your head around the design logic. I'll get there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Cues run in sequence, sometimes not.

Post by spud1511 »

Hi,
Sorry I don't quite understand the problem, how exactly do you mean skipping down the list? Do you mean sequences are rearranging themselves alphabetically within the cue list? Or that you haven't turned the override buttons off? Or just they still running as you have the option to run multiple cues at a time selected?
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

Turn off "cue multiselect enabled" in the cue window settings (cog wheel on top left)
rederikus
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.2

Post by rederikus »

I tried that. It did not fix the problem. I have worked with this software for nearly 2 weeks. It does a lot but it is incredibly hard to make it do what I want which, is not that much.

I gave up. I have removed Freestyler from my PC, sold my ENTTEC interface and have bought a $500 DMX Lighting Console. I know that will solve my problems because I have used them in the past.

I am done with Freestyler.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

By Felicia!
bego1969
FreeStyler Version: 3.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Post by bego1969 »

Which console did you buy?

Return to “FreeStyler Software”