These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Midi Control - Cuelist Buttons

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
micropizza
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Midi Control - Cuelist Buttons

Post by micropizza »

Hey everyone, so i've hit an annoyance when setting up Freestyler Midi control....

I want make lots of cuelist buttons with various patterns, combinations ready to be triggered from the cuelist buttons via MIDI- the freestyler Midi Control setup only seems to allow me make midi links for 16 of them, but i'm going to have more than 1 page of cuelist buttons (as it allows you to make), is this really a limitation in the software, not being able to midi trigger any more than the first page?

I can midi trigger up to 32 override buttons, but theres not much use in those as it only plays the first frame of a sequence, a cuelist gives me loads of flexibility. I dont want to sit there pushing colors, gobos etc all night, i want to be able to premake cuelists for triggering so i can get on with other stuff like VJing at the same time.

Am i stuck now with more than 16 cuelist buttons but no way to trigger the rest of them? :cry:

thanks!

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Midi Control - Cuelist Buttons

Post by Spirit »

you can switch between pages with midi.
and if you know how MIDIOX or bome midi translater works you can create functions to Switch to page and cue button with one midi button.
or you can look at TUI2 (touchscreen userinterface2) here you can add all 96 cuelist buttons to TUI2 page.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
daniboy
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Midi Control - Cuelist Buttons

Post by daniboy »

Spirit wrote: February 5th, 2015, 8:17 pm you can switch between pages with midi.
and if you know how MIDIOX or bome midi translater works you can create functions to Switch to page and cue button with one midi button.
or you can look at TUI2 (touchscreen userinterface2) here you can add all 96 cuelist buttons to TUI2 page.
Is there a link where I can get more info on how to assign and flip between the different pages via MIDI? I've been messing around with it, but must be missing something obvious because I can't figure it out.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”