These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

File not found error on startup

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Edgar
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.96j
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

File not found error on startup

Post by Edgar »

Hi guys,

Got a really tricky problem:

So once in a while, when I startup FS 1.96j I get the 'file not found' error. Then, some or all of my fixtures and my choosen background are not available anymore. When I replace my location file with a backup, everything is ok. So it looks like something went wrong when I closed FS the moment before.

Anyone with the same problem or a solution?

Thanks for your reaction!

Regards Edgar

DeAl
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler

Re: File not found error on startup

Post by DeAl »

When FS starts up, it will load all the fixture files saved in your location file.
If one or more fixture files are missing, you will get this error message.

Did you create new fixture files by yourself or did you make customized versions of existing fixture files?
Then make sure to make a backup of those files, because every time you uninstall FS all fixture files will be deleted.
When installing a new version of FS, only the packaged fixture files are installed, not your edited or created fixture files.
Edgar
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Post by Edgar »

I did change the text of a group of par 64 spots, saved the file and quit FS. But when I started up again, he coudn't find the file, altough I didn't move it?
FabioeM
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by FabioeM »

how can i check it what is missing? I changed some fixtures, but don't want to replace them with older versions

Return to “FreeStyler Software”