These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Cubase Midi Freestyler

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Proxy Schmidt
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Cubase Midi Freestyler

Post by Proxy Schmidt »

Hello everybody!

I would like to control Freestyler via a Midi-track in Cubase. Freestyler does receive the Midi-notes from cubase and i can assign them to all the functions in the list. For example: "Start sequence 1" Note: 40, Page: 1. But then nothing happens. Since i'm an absolute beginner with freestyler this might be a silly question but i just don't know how to make that work. What could be my mistakes here? I would be thankful for any help! And: maybe there is a Freestyler-pro from Leipzig out there? I would pay you with beer or whatever you like for a real-life-tutorial! I'll continue trial and error...

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Cubase Midi Freestyler

Post by Spirit »

hi

can you use Midiox to monitor the type of massege cubase send.
and make a screen shot of it.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Proxy Schmidt

Post by Proxy Schmidt »

Hi,
thanks for answering!
Don't know if this is what you asked me for...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

nice as you can see cubase send note on/ note off events.
by default freestyler doesnt use this. but you can enable it.

go to the midi config page (from FS) and these a button "OPTIONS" on the right top, press on it and enable noteon/noteoff
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Proxy Schmidt

Post by Proxy Schmidt »

Very very good advise!
Now i managed to press the start button of the first scene in the cue list by midi. Crazy!!! First little succsess! Thank you very much! More questions to come...
Pachis19
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3

Post by Pachis19 »

Now you could help me.
The same I want to control with cubase but I do not know how to link it nor how to add each botton to cubase so that to the rhythm of the song it sends via midi and does the effect in vivo.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”