These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Fog / Smoke Panel [SOLVED]

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Fog / Smoke Panel

Post by Kings »

Actually if it doesn't work then it might be another clue as to why the smoke panel isn't working.

debtman3535
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
Twitter: none

Post by debtman3535 »

Oh, cool. I'll give it a shot and report back. Thanks!
Hambone
Band Member
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Hambone »

Just a thought - IIRC, in the past there have been issues where FreeStyler behaved oddly depending on the regional settings in Windows. You may want to check those (Control Panel / Clock, Language, and Region / Region and Language/Formats). If you're not already set to either English (United States) or English (United Kingdom), try changing it to one of them. Or, if you're already set to one, change it to the other. See if that affects the haze output...
-----
HP Pavilion dv7-1130us Laptop (Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on 2 GHz AMD Turion X2, 4Gb RAM, 250Gb HD, ATI Radeon HD3200 video) with an Enttec PRO interface
http://two-for-flinching.com
debtman3535

Post by debtman3535 »

I'll check that too... I just picked up a Nucleus Pro and been busy programming that. I'll report back. Thanks!
debtman3535

Post by debtman3535 »

All,

Thanks for your help on this. Somehow, the issue with my fog panel is resolved. I think....

I changed the interface on my primary FS laptop from USB-DMX512 to Virtual to test the fog panel. As I reported previously, the panel was still not functioning. I then switched back to USB-DMX512 but FS would complain, "DHC_OPEN-DHE_ERROR_NOTOPEN". I did a restore on two laptops, but the problem persisted. I reinstalled the interface drivers, no luck. In desperation, I tested other USB interfaces in the FS setup and got lucky... uDMX works perfectly, including the fog panel. uDMX is not the adapter I'm using as per the description of the interface. Even the fog panel works perfectly!

I promptly backed-up, and then restored to a secondary computer and everything works perfectly on that pc also.

I will admit my interface is a budget model and hope to upgrade when finances allow. Affordable, yet reliable is what I'm after. I can use my current adapter as a backup.

Thanks again for your help.
Shathar
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: x2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Fog / Smoke Panel [SOLVED]

Post by Shathar »

I realize this thread has been abandoned for a while, but thought I would chime in. I, too, have a Hazer 2d (not that it matters WHAT type of hazer/fog machine you have) and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to make the universal fog panel work.

For those of you having this problem. Click the 'continuous operation' checkbox, then click the fog button, THEN move the sliders around. It sounds simple, and it is. But the way that panel works is so convoluted that it threw me for 2 hours.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”