These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Sequence timing doesn't match music timing

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
mutagenious
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Sequence timing doesn't match music timing

Post by mutagenious »

Hi All,

I'm having this problem, I'll be glad if anyone can provide some insight.

I'm creating sequences for a stage show. I marked down the timing of the music that I want to change the light scene and programmed these times accordingly in sequence creator. However, when I play the sequence at the same time with music, lights don't come alive at the right timing. It comes a little bit early.

For instance all fixtures should light up red at second 5 and then white at second 10 (timing of the music). Although I set up this way, they light up at 4 and 8 or something like that. It makes creating the sequence very difficult and annoying.

What might be the cause of this?

Thanks

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Sequence timing doesn't match music timing

Post by Spirit »

uhhmm strange.

a other Member came with the issue last week that 1Step comes down to 1.2 SEC..
as i could confirm this.. also i added a Bug report and the devolper made a FIX.
and it runs fine now.. (Not yet downloadable for Forum Memebers)

so its realy strange it runs slower at your side..

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
mutagenious
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by mutagenious »

Thanks for the reply. That would be great if the can download the FIX. Or at least an idea how it can be fixed so that I can try to change things myself (I know a little about changing stuff in program files -although not much)
CaptainBetty
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band
Twitter: http://twitter.com/captainbetty

Post by CaptainBetty »

(v3.5.4) I'll chime in as well... using the TAP function during a show seems to lag a bit after setting it - now it could very well be the band speeding up or slowing down, but it sure feels like the TAP has a short delay.
daniboy
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3

Post by daniboy »

I seem to be having this problem with my cues. I initiate the cue via MIDI with Reaper, it starts right on time, but then the sequence will not be consistent. Usually goes too fast, so I adjust the scene times, try again, looks good, then run the show again and it's too slow, as if my original times were correct. This has been a recurrent problem. Is my system to blame? Or is there something I need to fix in FS?
daniboy
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3

Post by daniboy »

sorry, accidental double post

Return to “FreeStyler Software”