These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

input paste end of file

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
djjasonk
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler

input paste end of file

Post by djjasonk »

I am unable to add fixtures. I get the message in the title of thread.

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: input paste end of file

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi,

I believe there could be a few problems with the wiki as djsupport as recently moved the servers for it, I do believe. Please bare with us while we sort any problems. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regards,
Nathan
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

This is not a wiki issue it is an FS issue please explain your FS issue more,
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

djSupport wrote:This is not a wiki issue it is an FS issue please explain your FS issue more,
In that case I did submit a bug report and Raph picked up the issue and is sorting for the next issue.
djjasonk

Post by djjasonk »

I've downloaded fixtures from the site and non of them will work. When I double click the file I get the message in the title. I also had an issue where I used fixture creator to map out a light. The light worked fine, but I wanted to get rid of the red x's and replace them with the actual colors. When I did this and saved the fixture everything seemed ok. When I opened FS I got an error and all the controls were messed up. So I opened the fixture in the creator and it said it couldn't find the files for 5 of the 15 colors and everything else that had been mapped out was missing or wrong and the layout was different, so I had to delete the fixture and start over. Had the problem twice, so for now I've just left it with the x's. I'm new to using dmx and it very likely that I did something wrong. When I did the colors I opened an existing color file in paint and changed the colors and renamed it to the colors I needed. They were all there when I opened the creator and added normally. I used some of the stock colors for the solids, but my own colors for the mixes so that the looked exactly like the colors the light produces. I don't know if this would cause a problem, but it seemed to me that as long as the file format and size was right that it should work. Thanks for the fast responses, I'll check back later.
djjasonk

Post by djjasonk »

I seen that there is a new library with current fixtures files. Can I delete all the fixtures in the folder and unzip the new files in the fixture folder?
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

Yes, just i would move the old files first incase you need to put them back for any reason!
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out

Return to “FreeStyler Software”