These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Is there a manual with FreeStyler

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Jaykie
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaykie

Is there a manual with FreeStyler

Post by Jaykie »

This is from the old forum
Frankiewizard
Is there a manual or a start up guide ! yes I am indeed new to all of this lighting controled by computers.

Mattotone
read through the tutorials and how too's
This is a good guide i found to help you create your first show.
http://www.freestylerguide.com/

Bobko
Hi I'm new to FreeStyler and DMX lights i have 6 Chauvet intimidator 1.0s and 2 American DJ mighty scans. i built the open dmx controller using this break out board http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/produc ... cts_id=718 and a MAX481CPA+ sample from maxim-ic.com. i'm running 2.96e on a brand new laptop.

i have gone through this guide and have created lots of sequences and saved them to disk. now how do i load them into the cue? how do a load them into the override buttons? does the cue just play my sequences in order? can the cue be trigered by sound? the guide got me through the basics and left me hanging. i want to know more about the advanced stuff.

Bob

cerebro
I have the same question in a couple of posts. The manual does not talk about the cues, could someone please clear up the cues for us? I know I am a newbie, but would just love someone to give me a quick crash course.

Replies appreciated..

metron9
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.96f

Re: Is there a manual with FreeStyler

Post by metron9 »

Same here. I just finished programming my own DMX receiver for an 8 channel PWM LED device. I have fast cue switcher on the screen but it may as well be a picture in a pdf file because I can't make it do anything at all. Insert sequence opens the offline sequence editor when I double click a scene I have saved but thats all id does. I can program microprocessors in assembly code but I can't figure out how to make use of this program.

What do all the buttons do?

Why does the fader control on the upper right of the screen always close when I switch between fixtures?

Why when I select two fixtures doesn't the fader control show all the DMX channels (with numbers) so I can use the faders for all devices selected?

What version is the software I am running the usual HELP ABOUT shows no version?

I am an old programmer from way back in the dark ages and I know documentation is very hard to do but if the program is not somewhat intuitive a list of functions and commands and what they do would be of great help.
metron9
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.96f

Post by metron9 »

Arrrgg, I did read the help file and I see now you drag and drop a scend in the cue. Ok I see how it works now but after running the vue, I try and make another scene and non of the steps save any of the fadr controls so it's broken...
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

just quickly you version is determined by the file you downloaded if you downloaded it off the site you would know what version your using!! The version iis also on the splash screen as you boot freestyler.
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
rlelek
www.freestylerguide.com Creator
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f

Post by rlelek »

Jaykie wrote:This is from the old forum
Frankiewizard
Is there a manual or a start up guide ! yes I am indeed new to all of this lighting controled by computers.

Mattotone
read through the tutorials and how too's
This is a good guide i found to help you create your first show.
http://www.freestylerguide.com/

Bobko
Hi I'm new to FreeStyler and DMX lights i have 6 Chauvet intimidator 1.0s and 2 American DJ mighty scans. i built the open dmx controller using this break out board http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/produc ... cts_id=718 and a MAX481CPA+ sample from maxim-ic.com. i'm running 2.96e on a brand new laptop.

i have gone through this guide and have created lots of sequences and saved them to disk. now how do i load them into the cue? how do a load them into the override buttons? does the cue just play my sequences in order? can the cue be trigered by sound? the guide got me through the basics and left me hanging. i want to know more about the advanced stuff.

Bob

cerebro
I have the same question in a couple of posts. The manual does not talk about the cues, could someone please clear up the cues for us? I know I am a newbie, but would just love someone to give me a quick crash course.

Replies appreciated..
Hey,

I apologize for leaving you hanging. As stated on the website, this is all done in my spare time. Recently my Hard drive failed , the same one with the guide on it. I was able to recover the guide yesterday night. In addition to this delay, I have been doing a bunch of work on my Mobile DJ business, and that has eaten most of my extra time that summer PE class (6 weeks) left behind.

I'll be sure to finish this guide for all of you soon.

Thanks for reading :)

Return to “FreeStyler Software”