These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Confusion with cues

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Jaykie
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaykie

Confusion with cues

Post by Jaykie »

From the old forum:
cerebro:
I have set up and saved my scenes for the LED Pars. Then I insert the saved scenes as sequences and load them into my submasters. This works great ! (I hope I am using the correct jargon)

When I save my scenes from the Martin EFX 600, I will make another completely different scene and save it, but every previously saved scene from my Martin EFX will look like my last one (so if I program a file with a yellow star spinning fast called EFXDinneryellow.chr, the file saved as EFXDinnerwhite.chr (a white hurricane gobo spinning slowly) will look exactly like the yellow star spinning fast, when I reopen them or load them directly into my cue?!). I have the address correct. I'm sure this is just a newbie error on my behalf, anyone care to shed some light?

At this rate I will only be able to use the predefined macros for on the fly parties. I want saved scenes I can access later that can be changed sitmultaneously with my led pars. How is it possible to click two buttons at the same time with one mouse? I guess I am also wondering are there keyboard shortcuts that I am missing, or is this some aspect of the cue I have yet to learn?

Btw i dafs, and still couldn't find any info or manual for how cues work or the proper use for them. Could someone give a quick demo or lead me to the right place? I am from the Michigan in the US, if anyone is available to talk? Would really appreciate it...

Thanks again.

Mattotone:
ensure that there is no cues running, either in the submaster, cue manager, overides etc.
Also if you could submit a bug report to raph and how to create the bug, and if you find any solution to fix it please send him that as well.

Cerebro
Only one cue is running, but I might just be programming them wrong. How do people find out how to use this program, by trial and error. I have been doing that for over month, and can't get past this cue thing. Is there anywhere or anyone that has instructions on how to properly use the cues?

I would like to learn how to use this program as quickly as possible, because I have a videographer working on my demo video over the next several weeks, and I have only a week or two to learn how to use the cues or I won't be able to highlight the choreographed lighting in my demo.

Your replies are appreciated

Mattotone:
when your programming, please ensure that all cues, overrides and sub masters are switched off, as this may cause un desired effects.

I created this a while ago to show how to create transparent scenes, it may also help you.
http://forum.aceboard.net/forum2.php?ru ... ogin=23684

Cerebro:
I think in the video for transparent cues, one light was running off of 2 cues. One for the color and one for the direction. My problem is that when I save a cue and recall it, the cue will get messed up.

Your replies are appreciated.

Cerebro:
I figured out what the problem was ! FS was making my other light in snap mode. So when I would play back multiple scenes in my submaster one light wouldn't work. Also my master intensity was set to zero and when I tried to control my Martin it would not make any light. Thanks again for your help

Return to “FreeStyler Software”