These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Preset/Positional Focus

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Papa C
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.95h

Preset/Positional Focus

Post by Papa C »

Hey all,
Been missing from forum for a while.
Although I have come far with Freestyler I still get totally lost. Can any one tell me how to define a positional preset in FreeStyler.
I have a friend that has used Light Jockey and he mentioned the use of a preset focus, or positional preset. This assigns the point of reference for the scenes and cues to follow. Example if you set up an entire sequence of scenes that revolve around the positon of the drummer in a band at a particular venue, you can save the positon of the drummer as a preset.
Then if you go to a new venue and set up the lights all you need to do to reset the scenes are to tell the software the postion of the drummer and if the lights are set up as previoulsy set, the scenes will reset to the new drummer positon. I would appreciate any help in solving this. I hope that this description is clear enough.

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Preset/Positional Focus

Post by djSupport »

i belive freestyler has no feature or way to do this this would take alot of programming and alot of other things to get right and seeing as this programme is written by only one person i doubt this feature will appear if i was programming it i wouldnt add this feature because to me it would be to much work i'd just re-arrange my lights to compensate and at least then ur setup doesnt bore the crowds by having the same layout every week.
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mattotone »

i have also requested the use of pallets and presets, like you i have an ever changing setup and have to do corrections on site, would be easier to change.

Maybe with enough request, may get implemented :D

Matt
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024
Papa C
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.95h

Post by Papa C »

:D :lol: No sweat. Just wondered if I missed something, or if the function was addressed in another fashion that I overlooked.

I use FS with Common Ground (http://www.commongroundmusic.com) and we constantly change venues. Once a 10-15 step scene is successful, I like to use at the different clubs and I do by rearranging the lights moving and tweeking. Just as a thought, and in inquisition to my friends question about Presets, I though I would ask if the function was available....... Full blown Light Jockey and the such..... are programs that get the big bucks because the do the things various users need.
For the small donations that Raph gets HE IS THE MAN!!!!! and I think he has done a fantastic job keeping FS going. I really enjoy using it and will continue to make donations.
I have not loaded the 2.96f yet. 2.95F is working ok. There seems to be enough enhancements that I may do it on my desktop and try it out before going live on my laptop.
Thanks for the comments and have a great day!
Papa C
"Indianapolis, Indiana—Home of the Super Bowl Champion COLTS!"
Go Colts!

Return to “FreeStyler Software”