These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Korg Nanokontrol

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
SuperFa47
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: no

Re: Korg Nanokontrol

Post by SuperFa47 »

Hello friends, sorry my english, I'm from Argentina. I'm about to buy a midi control, and I want to know which one is the best for Freestyler.
Thank you

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

It all depends on the amount of fixture, how you choose to trigger your shows, and the environment you are working in. There is no one controller that is right for everyone
elijahgoldmusic
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.51
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: N/A
Instagram: elijahgoldmusic

Post by elijahgoldmusic »

doctorzorro wrote: February 16th, 2018, 6:04 pm BIiiiiiig Bump!
For all you googlers and searchers looking for an answer:
YES! They work fine!
I use 2 Korg Nano's, the NanoKontrol2 and the NanoKey2.
Both have to be configured using Korg's Kontrol Editor which is found on their site.
Nice thing is that the editor program will do all the Nano series controllers, and even quite a lot of other korg porducts too, my microkey is also recognized and configurable with the editor.

When they are set up correctly to send note on-off messages for the buttons and output full 127 value notes they are wonderfull for controlling FS.
Everything maps fine, sliders work, knobs work great for speed control and using the FF and RW buttons on the Kontrol2 for switching screens in the touch UI so you can have 2 banks of 8 submasters works like a charm.
I use the Kontrol2 for the submasters, buttons next to the faders are set up so the up down buttons light up permanently and the bottom Run button responds to it's state on/off. The faders are set to switch the sub off when down.
The Nanokey2 handles the flash overrides for strobes and blinds on the white keys, black ones for blackouts per group. I have put the tap sync on the far right white key and the release tapsync on the black one next to it. That way you can switch really fast between normal speed and tapspeed while looking like a rockstar doing it.

I have compared just about every midi controller out there for Freestyler purposes and couldn't find anything even close to what the Nano's offer in terms of having the right layout for Freestyler (3 buttons next to the faders is a rare feat) and being nice and small and damn cheap too.

In short:
Go get some! They're great!
Could you elaborate on this further? I Currently have a Korg Nanokontrol2 and I have no clue why it isn't working. I'm not sure 100% how to use the Kontrol Editor I think.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”