These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

HELP:Fixture settings change randomly

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
canuck
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f

HELP:Fixture settings change randomly

Post by canuck »

When I'm using freestyler to create scenes I set up a step and then add a new step. Every so often when I add a step or cycle through steps the color, gobo, intensity settings will change randomly. Usually if I change back the color on one fixture they all snap back to the right colors. Has anyone else experienced odd behavior like this?

Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: HELP:Fixture settings change randomly

Post by Mattotone »

is the "randomly changed" value, actually a random value I.E changes evry time you step through the scene, or is it the last colour that you set?
If this is the case i imagine you are stepping back?
When you have programed your cues, you will set a colour add a few more scene and then change another colour, so the colour change will be recored for scene A and then scene D scene B & C will not have any recorded information for colour so stays the same. if you run the show forward, it should correctly work.

If not please submit a detailed bug report, using the link in the forum rules on the top of this topic.

kind regards
matt
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024
canuck
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f

Post by canuck »

If I create a scene with multiple steps I should be able to step through it forwards and backwards with the scene editor, right? Also if I change some fixture settings while running a cue does that affect the scene which is loaded in the cue selector or not?

Maybe I don't understand the cue window properly. If I load several scenes I should be able to select them in any order and have that scene start from the beginning, right? Another example would be if one scene uses a strobe effect then the next scene I select some of the lights will still be "stuck" on strobe when it should be a "static" scene.

Another question has to do with the "fade", "snap", "off" selectors. I'm wondering if having selectors set to fade causes this behavior? Is "snap" the safest?

Another example is sometimes if I start freestyler select the scene editor and try to open a scene all fixtures remain at the default settings of nothing selected even though I opened a scene with colors, positions, movement, etc.

I must be doing something stupid which causes this behavior.
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

Fade fades the dmx values from one to the other dependant on the fade speed so if you have two scenes it will go allthe way through the dmx values between them points,

Snap will snap the dmx values i.e. jump from a to b without going through the values.

Off means the software will not change the dmx values running to the light paticulary usefull for over ride buttons if u create a scene and change your fixture to GREEN then set all the other settings to OFF saving and adding to button you could run a movement sequence then pressing the green override button would change the fixture to green while the movement continues to move as the green override has off set on its movement
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out

Return to “FreeStyler Software”