These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Cerebro : LED Par react to sound, fixture file error?

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Cerebro : LED Par react to sound, fixture file error?

Post by djSupport »

Copied from old forum.

cerebro :

I figured out the cues, but now I want to control sound activation for my weidamark led par and Martin EFX 600. I have the box checked so that both lights should react to sound when enabled. I have them set to move with random DMX values and the sensitivity is adjusted accordingly to track gain.

My issue, is that only my Martin EFX 600 will respond to sound. Is this a problem with the current fixture file that someone created for the weidamark led par? If not, then what is the problem and how can I make both lights react to sound when enabled?

Your replies are appreciated

Mattotone :

What are you expecting the LED Parcan to do?
The random DMX values, are for Gobo Wheels, Colour Wheels and then Pan/tilt??????
As far as im aware Parcans do not have these characteristics lol.

Il be a bit more helpful now lol.
if you want random colours from your LED can, either set the cans to the DMX400 and the lights will chase and change colour, and react to sound.

OR

Create a simple cue that sequences your cans, add it to a cue.
Select Random and enable the speaker.

Should give you the same results.

cerebro :

Quote : Create a simple cue that sequences your cans, add it to a cue.
Select Random and enable the speaker.

You mean create a scene with x amount of steps that are snap and have different colors, then load them in the submaster select random and enable speaker? Where is random? You aren't talking about the SL are you? How do I use the 400?

Btw, you have been very helpful with answering all my questions, I really do appreciate this. Thanks again!

Mattotone :

Create a cue, with x amount of scenes.
Insert the cue into the cue Manager.
Select Random and enable sound activation.

Then start the sound2light module. And select jump to next step.

cerebro :
How do I make my LED Par jump to next step, and have my Martin EFX run as a random value at the same time, with only one sound2light module?

Mattotone :

I personally wouldn't use the random value from the Sound 2 light, and make pre made shows and set to sound.
Still you could also create a cue with lots of "random" locations for each of your scanners, and set the cues to random.
You have more flexibility this way.

Your scanners can all then have "random" values, but your colours would be synced, or have random colours as well.

Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out

Return to “FreeStyler Software”