These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Lost Entire Setup on Load

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
UniCav
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Lost Entire Setup on Load

Post by UniCav »

After spending the time to redo my fixture setup, get control of everything again, then spend 2 days working on my touchscreen setup, I just opened Freestyler to do some more TouchScreen reworking and about half way through the loading screen I got an error saying most features couldn't be loaded. After that I got another error saying something like Data beyond end of file. When it loaded I was presented with the Default TouchScreen 1 instead of the customizable one I've always seen before. Going to the main window I have NOTHING. All of my fixtures are gone and the entire thing is wiped out. In setup there is no longer an option for the other touch screen interface either. Backups were completely rewritten immediately as well.
So all my work is gone over some kind of bug?
I'm running the current release.

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Lost Entire Setup on Load

Post by Partyman »

Have had some like issues myself. I am not understanding how your backups all got overwritten. Surely your only backup files were not in the Freestyler folder, were they? Even without a backup your fixture files should still be in the folder.
I have had it come up blank upon opening after much programming and links not work but no files were deleted.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

I believe 3.651 is in the folder of previous versions and it is rock solid.
SiGNe
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 4.14
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Post by SiGNe »

Either open Freestyler as Administrator of if you allready did that, try not opening Freestyler as Admin.

When i open Freestyler as Admin all my settings and files are missing too but not when i just open Freestyler normaly.

The files are probably in C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\FreeStyler

Return to “FreeStyler Software”