These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

LED strip DMX Address

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
mrbear
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: nil
Instagram: nil

LED strip DMX Address

Post by mrbear »

I'm trying to control an RGBW LED strip through freestyler.

I have a 3 channel DMXDecoder which is powered and the LED strip has been connected to it (the strip is also separately powered). Ive connected the decoder to my computer using lixada USB to DMX.

When I try to make a generic 3 channel fixture to control the strip (red green blue for example), the auto DMX address given by freestyler has the 10th dip switch as 'on'. The DMX decoder only works in DMX mode when the 10th switch is 'off'.

Could this by why I am unable to get freestyler to control the LED strip?

The DMX decoder works in stand alone mode (10th Dip set to 'On') - so I know its being powered ok.
The lixada USB also works as ive been able to control a separate laser device through freestyler.

Thanks a lot.

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: LED strip DMX Address

Post by Partyman »

that switch is a light function switch not a software switch. some lights require that switch to be in a certain position to operate a certain way, some lights do not even have that switch. put the switch into the position that allows the software to work
mrbear
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4
Twitter: nil
Instagram: nil

Post by mrbear »

Thanks for the reply.
I think then the problem is the strip? Only for one moment i was able to get freestyler to talk to the strip via USBtoDMX, but have since not been successful. Hope anyone has some helpful tips. thanks
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Rod_Horning »

Please post a PDF of the user manual for both the controller and the strip. Alternatively take photos of the manuals and post the photos.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”