These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

I'll Go First Then... (FS Show Setup)

Magic 3D Easy View Stages built by the FS Community these may help you test your lights in other enviroments or just for practice.
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

I'll Go First Then... (FS Show Setup)

Post by dmxlighting »

Hi All

Here is a zip with all the needed components (I think!) to view and play with a 6 scan setup I made for a DJ mate.
You will need to put the relevant bits in the right places for it to work properly.
I did think about a selfextracting zip but because Vista puts files in funny places and many of you use both xp and vista you have to do it yourself!.

I welcome your comments............

dmxlighting.zip
Last edited by dmxlighting on July 5th, 2009, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
kissatlanta
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: I'll Go First Then...

Post by kissatlanta »

Can you please also add the Scan SR.fxt file from the Fixtures folder... I believe the lack of that file is causing a File Not Found error when I try to load the location.
kissatlanta
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by kissatlanta »

Ok...I figured a lot of stuff out just trying to make this work.

1) I think you forgot to include the .fxt file. I went in to the DJ Setup location file in notepad and saw the file name it was looking for. So, out of boredom and trying to learn Freestyler... I went and found the manual for the Abstract VRX Scanner and hacked out a basic fixture file using the channel information in the manual. After doing this I stopped getting the "file not found" issue on loading the location.

2) Then I noticed that some of the cue's would cause the program to throw out a "Subscript out of range" error and crash. This had me stumped until i saw it was frozen on scenes 1 of 42. Freestyler only allows 12 scenes by default... and i randomly remembered seeing an article talking about increasing that number via the freestyler.ini file. So I went in and upped the number to 100 and started the program again and everything worked fine.

Nice show dude!

I just started digging into freestyler hardcore today... but i'm already working on some ideas for shows using my led par 36's and colorpalettes. I'll post it when done.
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

This isnt a stage file I guess then its more a 'show us your shows' file?
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

kissatlanta,

sorry I didnt think about the FS fixture file. Its the same (exactly) as the VRX Gladiator profile.
I just renamed it to Scan SR. But well done on making a profile for yourself.
Also thanks for pointing out that anyone who has not upped the max number of scenes in FS will need to do so to run some of the sequences.
By the sounds of it you have learned a bit more about FS just by trying to get this running so good for you! Well done. Thanks for your feedback.
I look forward to looking at your own work when its done.

Adam,

Without the all the the squences and patches it would be a bit dull to just have a stage to look at.
I wasnt sure whether to post it into this thread or the 'show us yours..' - hope its OK here.

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

yeah the intention was for people to offer up blank stages here i.e. a different from the default.... where as this is a kinda show... I'll let the mods decide....
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

well im happy to move it to the relevant place if you like

dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

I am wondering (if you downloaded the files) how you got on with it?
Also I was hoping to get the ball rolling and was looking forward to seeing the efforts of other.......................

I think I should have put my files under the 'Show us yours' thread.

mabit
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by mabit »

Sorry for 'kicking' this thread..

I'm downloaded your files and got them working, however i've got a litte question...
When I open the movement chases twist/swirl there is only one frame/scene and I can't see anything special in the pan/tilt window... (the shape dropdown box always mentions 'retangle')

However, when I view the actual dmx output, the pan/tilt values are changing...

How is that possible, what am I missing?

I'm using version 3.0.1, I know that there are change some things in version 3 regarding the pre-made movements?
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

The premade movements in FS (ie Circle, Twist, Swirl etc) save as a what seems to be single 'scene'.
I guess its more like a packet containing a set of instructions.
This just how Raph made it.

I should point out that there are a few errors in the show and at some point I will put up a newer version.

mabit
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by mabit »

I guess so already, but there is no way I can find the settings etc for a premade movement?

May be someone can create a tutorial about movements, since the helpfile isn't very usefull...
The Big Circle movement for example consist of 6 frames, but did you calculate the values yourself or did you use the plot area?
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

OK Im not sure as to exactly which chases you refer to but a large amount of the movements are premade in FS.
What Ive done with ones labeled as offset is easy to do but takes some time and still only saves as one scene. I will try to explain how...

Firstly open the 'create sequence' window, or you wont be able to save this.
Select all your scan / moving head fixtures, turn the lamps on and set them to do a circle.
They will all now be doing the same thing and it looks fairly boring.
Now in the movement window below the 'on' button is a button called 'shape', click this and a second window opens.
In the bottom left you will see a +-. this alows you to rotate the shape in degrees.
Now unselect your fixtures and select just the SECOND fixture and then adjust the degrees by lets say 30.
Then unselect and select the next fixture and adjust by 30 and so on till there all done.
And there you go, you've made a circle movement with 30 degree offsets and it should look pretty cool.
Lastly save it!

Hope this helps!

LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Hey dmxlighting

I just downloaded you show (finally) and it looks really good.

I like you use the submasters so you can create the setup just as you want. That gives you a lot of flexibility.

I'm also using the submasters in the same way, but i have a problem. I'm really good to use freestyler and program sequences and that stuff, but to create some cool lightshows is not one of my best skills. You just showed me how to create a cool show with simple sequences for positions and colors (don't worry, wont copy all of it 8-) )

Just keep it simple and it looks great!!

Thanx ;)
Last edited by LJ_krede.dk on July 1st, 2009, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

LJ_krede.dk wrote:Hey dmxlighting

I just downloaded you show (finally) and it looks really good.

I like you use the submasters so you can create the setup just as you want. That gives you a lot of flexibility.

I'm also using the submasters in the same way, but i have a problem. I'm really good to use freestyler and program sequences and that stuff, but to create some cool lightshows is not my one of my best skills. You just showed me how to create a cool show with simple sequences for positions and colors (don't worry, wont copy all of it 8-) )

Just keep it simple and it looks great!!

Thanx ;)

Im not worried if my work gets used or copied by anyone!
Its there to help and show what can be done and Im glad its doing that.

This show gets used with a BCF2000 so the variables (like sequence speed, intensity and submaster control) are easy and quick to change.

Thanks for your comments LJ_krede.dk

Lee

LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

dmxlighting wrote:
LJ_krede.dk wrote:Hey dmxlighting
This show gets used with a BCF2000 so the variables (like sequence speed, intensity and submaster control) are easy and quick to change.
I also use the BCF2000, and yes it works great with the submasters, but the stop submaster button is not controllable from the BCF :(

How lond did it take for you to create the sequences and did you do it offline (with the 3d viewer only) or live (with the setup)?
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

You are right about no sub stop but it's not really an issue for this setup as it's for disco
but it would be handy for other things.

It took me about a week of evenings (2 hours night)
all writen off line with 3d vis although I have tested and corrected it
in live mode with the gear on.

dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

LJ_krede.dk wrote: I also use the BCF2000, and yes it works great with the submasters, but the stop submaster button is not controllable from the BCF :(
LJ, I have discovered that the submaster will toggle on and off with a BCF2000.
I have set mine up so that the rotary encoders control the submaster intensitys on rotate and toggle run / stop on push. First push = on second push = off.
Works perfectly!

I will post my setup file if anyones interested.

LJ_krede.dk

Re: I'll Go First Then... (FS Show Setup)

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

dmxlighting wrote: LJ, I have discovered that the submaster will toggle on and off with a BCF2000.
Yeah,, i used it some days ago... it must be one of the new features Raph have added to 3.2.. :fs:
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View Stages”