These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duo 155

Download other Magic 3D Easy View Fixture files created by the community here.
Djeargazm
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duo 155

Post by Djeargazm »

Hi a
I'm looking for a good working fixture profile for a Cauvet Intimidator Spot Duo 155 for Freestyler and for 3d Magic View. Does anyone have aone that works??
Thanks,
Joe

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duo 155

Post by Rod_Horning »

This instrument has 2 moving heads, each with a color wheel and a gobo wheel. It can be configured to use 10, 17 or 20 channels. Is all this correct?

A very simple Freestyler fixture definition can be created to fully control either the 10, 17 or 20 channel configuration.

However, to create the windows that are very helpful for programming (such as the pan/tilt window) presents a couple of issues. Freestyler only recognizes 1 dimmer channel, 1 strobe channel, and 1 set of pan/tilt channels.

Freestyler does recognize 2 color wheels and 3 gobo wheels so this is not an issue.

One approach is to create multiple Freestyler fixtures for 1 physical instrument. This allows creation of multiple pan/tilt and other windows. Given the DMX channel layout of the 155 (the channels are grouped by function instead of by moving head) this would be a bit, ah, messy.

If no-one corrects me or answers and you would like me to attempt to create, or help you create, a Freestyler fixture file (or files) let me know.

I have not used nor am I familiar with 3d Magic View so I can not comment about a fixture or fixtures for it.
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Re: Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duo 155

Post by buttza »

"One approach is to create multiple Freestyler fixtures for 1 physical instrument. "

As Rod mentioned with FSX2 you would need to add 2 profiles as though they were one. SLMEV3D would be the same. You would need to have 2 moving head profiles loaded and placed next to each other on the plot.

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View Fixture Files - User Created Downloads”