These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Prism rendering issue - SOLVED

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
barrypearce
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Prism rendering issue - SOLVED

Post by barrypearce »

Hi folks,

I have a fixture nicely defined but mis-behaves in rendering.

My fixture has a prism with 3 settings in the channel. No prism, prism inserted but fixed, and rotating prism. The first two are fixed value step presets (one open, one 2 facet prism) and the third is a 3 facet prism with rotation.

The problem is when OPEN and no prism involved I get two oval beams (no gobos - just competely open). When I insert the prsim I now get 5 or 6 beams (hard to tell they overlap - probably 6!) instead of 3.

Any ideas?
Is it best to contact Nicolaudie about this?

Cheers
Barry
Last edited by barrypearce on January 6th, 2017, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

barrypearce
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Prism rendering issue - SOLVED

Post by barrypearce »

Aha. Found it. I think I must have accidentally knocked the beams to 2 in the scanlibrary fixture - changed back to 1. Now all ok!

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”