These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Magic 3D artnet trick doesn't fit my needs Topic is solved

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
kittmaster
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Magic 3D artnet trick doesn't fit my needs

Post by kittmaster »

So what can I do to fix the windows 8 issue? Seems to be fine on Win7? I really need to get the visualizer to work on a Win8 system. Anyone have any insight of what the root cause of this issue is?

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Magic 3D artnet trick doesn't fit my needs

Post by Nathanrs93 »

I don't see what the issue is myself. I'm not running windows 8 myself, but I can't see it being that difficult to get working again with the windows 8 OS.
kittmaster
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by kittmaster »

I keeps coming up as "failed to load DLL" or something like that......the MEVP overwrite does work either......I'm running 3.6.2 on a win 7 system and all is well....on my i7 win 8.1 system.....it just crashes with the DLL. It opens fine if I open magic.exe directly, but then it isn't under freestyler control.

This is my primary system, so I'm hoping there might be some beta or alternate DLLs to try out.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

The only thing that I can think is causing it not to work, would be the protocol between the two. It might need a update or tweaking to get it working with win 8.1. I know some programs screw up when a new OS comes out.

Try putting it on the bug tracker and contacting Sunlite, making sure it's not their end either.
spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7

Magic 3D artnet trick doesn't fit my needs

Post by spud1511 »

New windows versions contain backwards compatibility. If your having problems the first point of call is usually to reinstall using compatibility mode for the installation, and then if needed for freestyler/easyview too.

So far this has gotten all my old stuff working on win8 and win10.

If you still have problems after that, then it's not as likely to be the OS and you might need to fill in a bug report.
kittmaster
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by kittmaster »

How do you install it via compatibility mode when the 3d Viewer is called during the installation before FreeStyler is installed? Did you do it separately?

I'll reinstall it using compatibility install, but I'm not entirely sure the correct installation method.
kittmaster
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by kittmaster »

Update: This post can be closed, it looks like I was still running the 2012 version of magic view most likely because I didn't realize it was updated to 2014. I just ran it twice and it works fine.......

Hopefully this will help others that don't update properly as I did.

The error was: "failed to open DLL functions"

This can be closed.

Thanks to all.
Chris

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”