These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

No reaction in Offline Mode

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
hubermat
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

No reaction in Offline Mode

Post by hubermat »

According to a tip of the week i installed Magic3d Easy View. Installation worked fine. I also hove normal connection to freestyler, but... the feature i want to use is editing cues and sequences while the show is running and see whats going on, in Magic3d. But if i open the sequence editor and work in offline mode, all lights in Magic3d are freezing and magic3d doesnt show any changes. It also doesn't show any dmx input. If i close the sequence editor window and leave offline mode, magic3d works like normal and shows all moves and lights like the real lights

Win7, Freestyler V3.6, Magic3d 12.12.2014;

Hope somebody can help, i tried to fix it with reinstallation of both programms, copying the mpev files into freestyler directory and read the whole topics about magic3d in freestyler forum but had no joy.

greez matthias
Last edited by hubermat on August 15th, 2015, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hubermat

Re: No reaction in Offline Mode

Post by hubermat »

I tried this setup also with a winxp notebook and had the same problem. While sequences running there is a normal connection between FS and MEV. But in offline mode every light is freezing in MEV. Is there a setting i didn't find or is it a bug?
Last edited by hubermat on August 15th, 2015, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

This is how it is supposed to work. When you work in offline mode it is the same as using Blind Mode. YOu can make and save changes but it will not execute until you exit offline mode.
hubermat

Post by hubermat »

Tip of the Day:

Sunlite Magic 3D
If you are running a show then you can edit a sequence, during the show, and see the changes in Magic 3D and the audience will only see the show not your changes.
This requires that you have made the same stage in Magic 3D as you are running in real life.
Note that the sequence editor are running in offline mode and therefore can the audience not see anything.

No output during sequence edit.
If the cue or submaster are opened during a sequence edit, the will be in offline mode. This means that there will be no visible output and thereby no changes in the fixture. The changes are in the sequence and will be visible when the sequence is added to a cue.
To see the changes close cue and submasters.

Note: In offline mode the changes will still be visible in the Magic 3D easyview and can thereby be monitored without affecting the running cue.
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

I don't know how this would work if the communication method is the same output as your main DMX output line as you stated in your last comment.
hubermat

Post by hubermat »

I think it should work in a way or another. Because why are the lights in MEV freezing when i'm going in offline mode? If it works like you say MEV should receive, even in offline mode, the DMX values which are sent to the real lights and all moves and lights should be viewed like the running cues or override buttons, but they aren't. Lights are frozen in MEV in FS offline mode.

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”