These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Not sure where to put this, but Easy View crashes when launching through FSx2

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
wolfmitchell
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Not sure where to put this, but Easy View crashes when launching through FSx2

Post by wolfmitchell »

Well, as the subject or w/e of the topic says, when I hit the '3d' button on the top of Freestyler x2, Easy View just crashes, no UI or anything shows up. Freestyler still runs. If it matters, I just installed it today.

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Not sure where to put this, but Easy View crashes when launching through FSx2

Post by Nathanrs93 »

It has been known to do this in the past, have you copied all the files correctly?

Did you read this? viewtopic.php?f=56&t=5579
Don't worry so much about the BETA, because I think it's all in one version now. But be sure to do all the files and zip folders.

Get stuck, then give me a shout. :)
wolfmitchell

Re: Not sure where to put this, but Easy View crashes when launching through FSx2

Post by wolfmitchell »

Rebooting my machine seemed to fix it, but when I try to use Easy View with Freestyler, nothing happens in Easy View when I change something in Freestyler. The bottom right corner says 'Controlled by Freestyler | ECO MODE | DMX OFF'. I'm thinking the 'DMX OFF' has something to do with it, any way to fix that?
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

DMX off has something to do with the files in the above post. It's to do with the MEVP files (the protocol) between FS and Easy view, I believe the files fix something and patch it up.
wolfmitchell

Post by wolfmitchell »

Mmk, got that fixed and it's showing DMX on now. I can move the lights around but whenever I try to open the shutter (using Martin MAC 401s), the lights don't show in Easy View.
Screenshot of Freestyler: Image
Screenshot of Easy View: Image
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

That's more than likely because you're not running BETA version. The normal version has a bug in it and the BETA fixes this issue. Try downloading the version from this website and see if it fixes it...

http://www.nicolaudie.com/easyview.htm

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”