These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Easyview USB-DMX help [SOLVED]

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
hope1995
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Easyview USB-DMX help [SOLVED]

Post by hope1995 »

Hi guys
I'm quite new to all this software although I have used DMX lighting on a LX desk. I am basically trying it out but can't seem to connect Freestyler and Easyview. I tried patching the same fixtures in both programs, and then clicking the 3D button in FS but then can't get the lanterns to operate in EV. I don't have a USB-DMX adapter yet but didn't think I would need one to test the software, am I correct?

Any help or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Easyview USB-DMX help

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi :)
You are correct and don't need an interface to make it work, but there's a few things to take into account to make this work properly. If you open freestyler and select virtual interface in setup and then patch the fixtures you want in freestyler, then open up 3D view through freestyler and patch the same ones.

There is a problem though as when you try to see the output, it doesn't show on 3D view. Understand?
So basically you see no beams without pressing strobe on, then you see an output. There is a way around this to fix it and you can find that here: Click here!

If you don't understand or need more help then let me know by replying to this thread.
Peace 8-)
hope1995
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by hope1995 »

Thank you very much, I did understand and I have it working now...EXCITING!
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Good 8-)

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”