These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
Dj strammi
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by Dj strammi »

Hi there i am new in this Forum and i have got a Little question
I want to use ev3d beta with the new fs 3.5.5 but it. doesn't work.
I installed the new Version of fs with the 3D ev and Then i tryed to Start ev3d in freestyler but nothing Happend. The program only opens up when i Start it from the desktop.

Either i tryed to install the beta Version of m3dev like you discriped in this Forum and it doesn t work

Can someone help me

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: 3.5.5

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi there,

Make sure you've copied the files correctly like it says here, other than that it should be alright unless there's been another update from NIcolaudie
Uriahdemon
FS is my life
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Uriahdemon »

Hi Nathanars93,

I have the same problem for V3.5.5 and have done this fix a number of times for previous versions. The difference here is that I have always only replaced the EasyView.exe file from the Magic 3D Easy View beta folder to the FS folder and all worked.

Unfortunately within the SLMV file on the C: drive I dont see the file MEVP.zip so cannot replace that. Will that make a difference and if so can you help me with locating it please.

I am keen to use the 3.5.5 version as I use a touch screen and having all cue lists on the same page would be a god send.

Thanks in advance as always.
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Uriahdemon wrote:Hi Nathanars93,

I have the same problem for V3.5.5 and have done this fix a number of times for previous versions. The difference here is that I have always only replaced the EasyView.exe file from the Magic 3D Easy View beta folder to the FS folder and all worked.

Unfortunately within the SLMV file on the C: drive I dont see the file MEVP.zip so cannot replace that. Will that make a difference and if so can you help me with locating it please.

I am keen to use the 3.5.5 version as I use a touch screen and having all cue lists on the same page would be a god send.

Thanks in advance as always.
Hey
The MEVP.zip should be in the download folder of the BETA version, but if it's working for you just by copying the .exe file then why are you asking about the zip folder? The zip folder I believe was for the previous version but if it works just by copying the .exe then do that because in theory the zip folder should already be unzipped from last time if you've not messed with any other files other than .exe

Understand?

I don't understand how it's not working for you because I have the 3.5.5 version and it works perfectly? :?
Uriahdemon
FS is my life
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Uriahdemon »

Yip, I have replaced the .exe file but still no joy. I was wondering if because i couldnt replace the zip file if that was the issue but seems not.

Think its time for an uninstall and start over again.
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Uriahdemon wrote:Yip, I have replaced the .exe file but still no joy. I was wondering if because i couldnt replace the zip file if that was the issue but seems not.

Think its time for an uninstall and start over again.
It could be the zip folder causing it because it has files in there, that are needed for FS. But probably better like you say to start over again so at least you'll know for next time.

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”