These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Problem!! Stage saving

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
PeetuXD
Just started using FS

Problem!! Stage saving

Post by PeetuXD »

Hi,

I have a problem with the 3D. Every time i create new stage and save it, it won't open next time. Default empty stage open every time when i try to open some of my own stages. And every time i open 3D, that "default" stage will open.. why?? It's useless to create anything if those aren't able to use later

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Problem!! Stage saving

Post by Nathanrs93 »

What is your setup and where are you saving it? Do you have the BETA version? Explain
PeetuXD
Just started using FS

Post by PeetuXD »

Setup? You mean what i have created there? Different kind of things, objects, fixtures, etc... tried to do different setups. I have tried to save it to different places... no help.

I have version 3.5.4 Freestyler. 3D is version 12.827.3539.0 BETA
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hmm, it's quite strange as I have no problem saving myself. Have you tried un-installing 3D view and re-installing? Same with FS? Possibly update to the latest version of FS (3.5.5)
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

Are they being saved to FS folder or the SLMEV Beta Folder?

When you save sometimes you have click User Mode first then Save.
Sometimes it wont save in Construction Mode.

Also update both applications.
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Good point, buttza. But it should save in FS if your running 3D view through FS, if not then it can change the location where it saves it. It's normally the BETA folder like you say, but I made a mistake once by opening the original version of 3D view and didn't realise so I was panicking when I thought I lost my file :lol:

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”