These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Magic 3D Solutions - Windows 7, 8 & 10

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

WINDOWS 7:

A simpler explanation than the other one. If you have any problems post them in a new topic.

1. Install FreeStyler (including the option that downloads and installs Magic 3D Easy View).
2. Download Magic 3D Easy View beta from http://www.nicolaudie.com/en/easyview.htm (the version I downloaded is from 28 January 2014) and install it.
3. Locate your FreeStyler folder (default is c:\FreeStyler) and your Magic 3D Easy View beta folder (default is c:\SLMEV Beta). Back up your FreeStyler folder. Then do the following:

- In the Magic 3D Easy View beta folder, extract the contents of MEVP.zip to your FreeStyler folder, overwriting files when prompted.
-Copy EasyView.exe from the Magic 3D Easy View beta folder to your FreeStyler folder (overwrite the old one when prompted).

4. Launch FreeStyler and Magic 3D Easy View. When the Universes patch dialog appears, select FreeStyler and press OK.

buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

WINDOWS 8:

I have installed this onto a Windows 8 64 Bit OS Laptop.
Freestyler Works Fine.
rsz_fdmxx2_win864.jpg
My findings below:
*The SLMEV icon in Freestyler DMX X2 (FSDMXX2)will not launch the SLMEV Application.
*You can Run the SLMEV application for the Start Menu Magic.exe
*You can no longer select Freestyler as an Interface if you run SLMEV directly from the magic.exe. You can only select ArtNet or SandNet.
*If you run Art-Net you can install the Microsoft Loop Back protocol to run SLMEV controlled by FSDMXX2 on the same computer. As shown in Image. (Tutorial to Follow)
*You no longer need to copy the MEVP.zip to run the current version of SLMEV with FSDMXX2
As previously mentioned I will put together a simple tutorial to assist users with this.
I will also test this more aggressively over the next few days and post my findings here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Updated - 14/02/2020
Windows 10:

1' Install Freestyler
2' Download Magic 3D view
3' Install Magic to the FreeStyler Folder (C:Freestyler)
4' Unzip MEVP.Zip and copy the files (not the folder) in c:\freestyler..

Enjoy...
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

If you have anymore problems with getting the two programs to connect, please PM me and I'll try and help you as quickly as possible.

Another useful link that might help users, CLICK HERE

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”