These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Upgraded Graphics Card and EV 3D now not working

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
Uriahdemon
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Upgraded Graphics Card and EV 3D now not working

Post by Uriahdemon »

Hi All, I hope someone can help me please.

I have been using Easy View 3D for some time now however my PC did not have a good onboard graphics capability. I bought a PCI E graphics card (ASUS HD 6450) and installed it to get a better appreciation and graphic display of the shows I am building. Initially it worked like a dream, I was able to use EV3D in advanced mode and everything was good. I guess since I switched on my PC since the install that is where I now have the issue. When now hitting 3D within FS to bring up the visualiser I get the boot up window. It goes through reading the fixtures but every time it gets to reading parameters it closes and I get a WIN 7 prompt saying the programme needs to close.

I have uninstalled and then re-installed FS including EV3D but the problem is still there.

Any help would be really very much appreciated. Rgds Mac

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Upgraded Graphics Card and EV 3D now not working

Post by Nathanrs93 »

You've done all the basic things you need to do, haven't you? BETA version? Unzipping zip file?
/Nathan
Uriahdemon
FS is my life

Post by Uriahdemon »

Yes, I think I have but this is quite unusual. It must be something to do with the card I have installed but I do not have a clue how to fix things....???

Thanks for looking at the post.
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Make sure you've downloaded all the drivers from the actual manufacturer's website, not via windows update. That might help?
/Nathan
Uriahdemon
FS is my life

Post by Uriahdemon »

Yes, done that mate so rolled back. The Graphics card and EV3D is now working a treat, just trying now to work out why the audio is so muffled...... :roll:
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Just make sure you have updated drivers from the actual manufacturer's website, not via windows update. I find it's helped me alot in the past :)
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

Just wondering. You said you were running ev in advanced mode. This can be quite processor hungry so although u have a shiny new graphics card, is the PC processor up to the job?
I've seen problems before where the processor and or main memory is not up to what ur asking of it.
Also could be an active x or similar issue??

Btw do u have the sunlight device to run ev in full mode or is this just the free mode?
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Good and fair point, dmxlighting. That's something I didn't pick up on which I should have really as it was a noobish error to make :lol: But I normally half asleep sometimes when I post replies on here ;)

/Nathan
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

just to give a what kind of Video cart you need if you like to run everyhing on High Specs..

as i have a AMD 6100 FX ( 6x3.2GHZ, 8GB ram) and a ATI 6870 X2 these are 2 video cards on one board, 2x SSD RAID 0.
still i cant run it on the highest spec, if i Patch to many fixture's it doesnt run smooth.

i have it as:
Resolution: High
Rendering mode : advanced
Shadows : off

if i put everything on ULTRA high it will also take upto 10 min before EV is ready to work with.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”