These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

One-channel Mobile Color only showing on strobe [Fixed]

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
lindsayward
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

One-channel Mobile Color only showing on strobe [Fixed]

Post by lindsayward »

Hi there.
My RGB par cans work fine in EasyView, but...
I have 2 Mobile Color fixtures, which are 1-channel color changing lights with 14 preset colors. The fixture files are available for BOTH FreeStyler AND Magic 3D EasyView, but I only see the light in EasyView when the channel value is up at strobe. Actually the light doesn't have a strobe option - just slow and fast color cycling.

I would like to be able to see the colored beams in EasyView... Any ideas how?

In FS, the file is "Mobile Colour", under "JBSYSTEMS" folder. In EasyView it is "Mobili color_1CH" under "ACME\Intelligent". I don't know if these are the perfect match, but they look the same to me - EasyView shows the 14 presets on channel 1.

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: One-channel Mobile Color only showing on strobe

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hey,
What you mean you only see it when it's up at strobe?
Upload both files and the manual and I'll take a look for you. See if I can sort it :)
/Nathan
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

hi this issue is caused by Nicolaudia 3d View.

you need to Copy the .EXE and/Or a .DLL from the beta Version to the version you get from FS and it need to be solved but i'm not sure which .DLL it needs to be.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Oh that, it's in a zip folder. I did an announcement about it and how it fix it :)
Here:Read me
It's the MEVP.zip folder in the beta folder when you've installed it, then you need to extract it within the freestyler folder, it then should work properly. Any problems, let me know.
/Nathan
lindsayward

Post by lindsayward »

Thanks!
I had actually seen that sticky thread already, but I thought it was only for people who couldn't see any light at all, not just for one fixture. I figured since my other fixtures worked, it was something wrong with the fixture, not the whole program...

I notice now (unlike before, I believe) that if I close 3D EasyView with the regular Windows X, then it won't start properly again until I restart FreeStyler. If I close it with the 3D button in FS, then it's fine.
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

lindsayward wrote:Thanks!
I had actually seen that sticky thread already, but I thought it was only for people who couldn't see any light at all, not just for one fixture. I figured since my other fixtures worked, it was something wrong with the fixture, not the whole program...

I notice now (unlike before, I believe) that if I close 3D EasyView with the regular Windows X, then it won't start properly again until I restart FreeStyler. If I close it with the 3D button in FS, then it's fine.
Hi,
Sorry that's my fault I should have mention it was for both so I'll change the sticky thread. But make sure you copy all the files from the 3D easy view BETA folder to the freestyler folder, as you are replacing the old 3D files which doesn't work if you get me (the standard issue that comes when you download freestyler for the first time). I should have said that as well :lol:

If you need any help or are confused about what I've said then I'll post some pictures.
/Nathan
PS: Just remember if there's any .zip folders to extract the files within the freestyler folder as well, otherwise you will get errors and it won't work as I'm pretty should you've gathered by now ;)
lindsayward

Post by lindsayward »

Thanks Nathan. It is working, so I don't think I need anything more. I appreciate your willingness to help!
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Welcome. Anytime. :)

/Nathan

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”