These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

3D easy view problems

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
djferken
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler

3D easy view problems

Post by djferken »

Hello there Freestyler!

I know that 3D easy view is not your program, but I have some problems with it.

I used the version distributed with Freestyler, however with that one I wasn't able to see the beams of the fixtures, unless I made them strobe? Why is that?

So I tried installing the newer version, the one from May 2012. No difference.

So now I have installed the one from February 2013, and now 3D Easy View doesn't open when I click the "3D" button in Freestyler.

Note: I installed 3D Easy View in the Freestyler directory.

Please help me, I am pretty confused.

Thanks alot.

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: 3D easy view problems

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hey,

What is needed is you when you've downloaded the version with freestyler, you need to download the latest beta version from the website. Then you will see in the folder that there's a .zip file that's in there, this needs extracting and you should find that it will then work again through freestyler.

Any questions or problems, just ask.
Regards
Nathan
Jim JKla
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Jim JKla »

I am starting with the understanding that 3D Easy View is a third party piece of software.

There is a lot of discussion on using the Beta version to solve this "No Light Beam" issue.
None of them totally definitive there's been a lot of people who come from a history of using Windows XP and earlier who are aware that you can set up windows to hide or not the .zip & .exe extensions to a file name. Something that may be worth amending to your basic locked thread description.

This can be an issue where the user is familiar with the computer systems but not with lighting systems and when you are coming at Freestyler and 3D Easy View you could well be in the dark about both.

Telling people to download the Beta version and to copy a bunch of files around does not really explain whats happening. Understanding those changes could be helpfule in finding that definitive answer.

I have managed to stuff the FreeStyler directory with the Beta copy of 3D Easy View and I am still in that uncomfortable position where my virtual lights move but I cannot see any light beams.

I am now left wondering if its an issue related to graphic cards 32/64 bit or operating system that the Beta version addresses for some users but not others.

Note I am trying to promote an investigative approach here not a critacal one. ;-)
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

I think you would need to talk to Nicolaudie the company that makes the program. The issue is to do with the their program. While I agree that it would be prudent to properly workout what is wrong with it most FS users know that with Open Source styled software, sometimes you just need it to work. :)
If this was a paid for piece of software that wasn't reliant on peoples spare time to troubleshoot then it would probably work properly. I know Nathan93, DJ and Spirit along with others spend a lot of time troubleshooting the programs. :)

I would backup my freestyler Locations and fixtures chases etc. Then remove Freestyler and EVM3DV and any registry entries for those 2 programs from your computer then reboot and try to install again from scratch.
Freestyler DMX Reboot.
Start Freestyler.
Start 3D Viewer.
Close Applications.
Reboot.
Install EVM3DV Beta.
Copy the MEVP.zip from C:\SLMEV Beta to C:\freestyler Root directory.
Extract files.
Run the 3D in freestyler.
Done. :)

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”