These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

I cant see the light beam!

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: I cant see the light beam!

Post by djSupport »

Oui

Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

You two have a funny (crazy) head. :D
drummasheen
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by drummasheen »

When I replace the original easyview.exe the latest beta .exe the only result is, there is no more Freeestyler control for Easyiew 3D (ECO MODE, DMX OFF). Is it right that we would need a special version for working with Freestyler?

I loved this combination of Freestyler and EasyView 3D but since the update to 3.5.2 it doesn't work really good anymore.

I really need help ...

Thanx in advance

Jo
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

Jo, Make sure you have virtual interface selected or have your dmx device connected, it works for me!
drummasheen
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by drummasheen »

Hi djsupport, thanks for your answer ...

It makes no difference if I choose virtual or physical interface. Result is the same:

Controlled by FreeStyler | ECO MODE | DMX OFF

I can't find any option to put the DMX to ON :(

I appreciate all ideas ...

Jo
wiidude22
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.0

Post by wiidude22 »

I'm having the same problem too... in the original version of magic that came with FS, everything connects just fine, but I have no light beams! If I go to Rendering Options and check "wire", then I see a blue line going out of the fixture that is visible only when the fixture intensity is higher than 0 in FS. I've tried downloading the Beta version and switching the .EXE files, but a window pops up asking if I want to connect with either Artnet or Sandnet... I don't want to do either so I hit cancel, and the program loads, but it says "DMX OFF" in the lower right corner. I've tried to hook it up to Artnet via Freestyler, but nothing works.

someone out there, please help us! (:
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

Please understand that this is an Issue with the developer of the 3D software which we cannot help.
Civette
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler

Post by Civette »

@ wiidude22 :

Following worked for me :

- Close FS and backup your whole freestyler folder
- Download 3d easy view BETA from http://www.nicolaudie.com/en/easyview.htm
- install it, remember the install path
- merge the new 3d easy view with your FS folder, overwrite existing files ( I had no defined scenes )
- within the FS folder root is a single zip file. Extract it to the existing FS folder. Overwrite existing files

That was it for me
DjMania
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2

Post by DjMania »

Hi!
I also have problem with just see the light when I use strobe. I tried a new install of Easy 3D with no luck. Uninstalled and reinstalled both Easy 3D and FS but it worked the same way. I tried Civettes tips above but I don’t have any zip file in my Freestyler folder. What does “install it, remember the install path” mean?

Thanks
/Magnus
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

the path is the directory where you installed the 3dview BETA version.
by default this is c:/SLMEV Beta

and i'm also not sure which .Zip file he means but i have a Clue but this sound realy stupid to do.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
DjMania

Post by DjMania »

Thanks for your answer. I have made every of Civettes steps except the zip-file, but still no luck. I would really appreciate if anybody has any more ideas how to solve this problem since my wife says that I don’t want to take my lights into the house… :-)

/Magnus
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hey,

It sounds like you've done everything correctly...
It should work if you have got this as your interface
Then you make sure you've downloaded the latest BETA and extracted this .zip in the freestyler folder, NOT the BETA FOLDER OR SLMEV FOLDER

If you've done that there shouldn't be any reason why it shouldn't work and you get 3D view with freestyler, unless Sunlite have put another .zip folder in the latest download and it needs extracting. If you want I can use remote assistance and might be able to sort the problem for you, your choice.

But you should get this when you then open 3D view in freestyler...

/Nathan
DjMania

Post by DjMania »

I have been working 14 hour days for some time and haven’t had time to experiment anything until today. After uninstalling Freestyler, Magic, Magic Beta, all DAS drivers and a third driver I don’t remember the name of I installed everything again as description above. This time it worked! :-)
As I understand there were two problems I had. First time I tried I didn’t have the MEVP-folder for some reason. I had the developers guide but not the compressed folder with the important files. Secondary, when I un-installed Magic I didn’t un-install the two DAS-drivers which seems very important to do.
Thank you very much for all your effort for helping me.

/Magnus
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Welcome. Just glad you got it working again 8-)
oultram
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by oultram »

Hi Spirit

Going back to the post about not being able to see the beams with moving head lights is something' I am currently experiencing.

All my fixtures work great apart from the moving heads will only display a beam if the strobe is on. I have downloaded the beta version and copy/paste with the old .exe file but after doing that both FS and Magic would not talk to one another and none of my fixtures would work. I have also tried completely removing all software and reinstalling following the same steps to only get the same results.

I'm running windows xp pro and freestyler ver 3.5.4

Any thoughts would be gratefully received!
oultram
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by oultram »

Hi

I have now sorted this issue thanks
Jim JKla
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4

Post by Jim JKla »

What did you do?

[edit]
I managed to get this working by installing the original software from the original source

http://www.nicolaudie.com/en/easyview.htm

Then installing Easy Stand Alone.

There are instructions with easy stand alone that tel you not to plug in the hardware till you have installed the software but of course you don't have the hardware but the software does run.

By playing with the sliders I was able to get the lights on and then using the side window in FreeStyler I have now been able to visulise the lights.
[/edit]
yandotaur

Post by yandotaur »

I was also having the problem where I either couldn't see the light beams at all or I could see them in strobe mode only. Here's what I did to fix it:

1. Install FreeStyler (including the option that downloads and installs Magic 3D Easy View).
2. Download Magic 3D Easy View beta from http://www.nicolaudie.com/en/easyview.htm (the version I downloaded is from 23 September 2013) and install it.
3. Locate your FreeStyler folder (default is c:\FreeStyler) and your Magic 3D Easy View beta folder (default is c:\SLMEV Beta). Back up your FreeStyler folder. Then do the following:

- In the Magic 3D Easy View beta folder, extract the contents of MEVP.zip to your FreeStyler folder, overwriting files when prompted.
-Copy EasyView.exe from the Magic 3D Easy View beta folder to your FreeStyler folder (overwrite the old one when prompted).

4. Launch FreeStyler and Magic 3D Easy View. When the Universes patch dialog appears, select FreeStyler and press OK.
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

Jim JKla wrote:Copy EasyView.exe from the Magic 3D Easy View beta folder to your FreeStyler folder (overwrite the old one when prompted).
Might I suggest you back up the old exe before you overwrite just-in-case. :)

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”