These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Generic fixtures

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
ynot66111
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Generic fixtures

Post by ynot66111 »

I am new to DMX. I'm operating with generic or low budget fixture and controller. I've bought some 30w RGBW stationary pin spot lights off ebay

I'm having trouble with putting them in FS Fixture creator. There is no brand name on these. they came from china.

I've put the DMX values in. but I have no color wheel color on fixture creator.

I'd just like to get them on FS so I can play around with FS. But If I can't create a fixture. Then I can't play around.

I know this may be simple for pro's. but I'm a beginner in all this.

Thanks

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Generic fixtures

Post by Rod_Horning »

In Fixture Creator, for the brand you could use:
China
China Unbranded
Chinese
Generic

To cause the Fixture Creator to create a color wheel enter the DMX channel number that controls the color wheel in the 1st colorch. box (lower left of the Creator window) and enter the number of colors in the ncolors box. You can then select the 1st colorwheel tab and then enter the DMX values and corresponding color.

If I understand your post correctly your instrument is RGBW. If you select Enable CMY / RGB and click RGB values you can tell Freestyler what DMX channel controls each of these LEDs. Freestyler will make a color pallet window available to assist in programming. Once you add your fixture to the Freestyler workspace, select it (click on the fixture). Then in the top menu line click on Window then click All. This will open the color pallet window.
ynot66111

Post by ynot66111 »

I'm using Lixada usb to DMX interface. I went to Fixture creator found a spot light in Chavue file. I clicked on it and changed the name, set the channels to the directions that came in the box with the lights. I'm hard wired to the DMX IN on the fixture. I have a terminator in the DMX out. I made up a color wheel and just put 6 colors in is. The fixture has 6 channels all together. I saved the changes. Then dropped it into Free Style folder. I was able to find the fixture in FS and opened into my work space.

I even went to the down loads for Chinese fixtures on this forum and down loaded them.

I can't even get the fixture to come on. Yes the fixture works. I played around with the fixtures programmed automation.

I'm learning a lesson on to not buy unnamed , cheap generic, Chinese Lights.
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

ynot66111 wrote: April 25th, 2019, 10:25 pm I'm learning a lesson on to not buy unnamed , cheap generic, Chinese Lights.
Thats not necessarily the problem.
Maybe your DMX output doesn't work at all. Check it with a different light.
Maybe you are doing something wrong. Check the dmx monitor output in FreeStyler.
Maybe the fixture is addressed to a completely different address than you are trying to control.
Maybe your fixture profile is bad. Just drop 6 regular 1 channel par 56 lights in FreeStyler, covering the 6 addresses of your light, and try fiddle with the 6 value sliders to see if your light responds to any of them according to the DMX channel functions in its manual.

Many things can go wrong. And after ruling out all these previous things, then you can say to have learned a lesson from buying cheap generic Chinese lights. :D
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
ynot66111

Post by ynot66111 »

LOL, I thought this would be like a plug and play experience.

When I go to the OUTPUT on freestyler, it's showing the channels w/ DMX 255 going to all channels.

I'm sure it's the operator as well.

I guess I had better get on the ball and do A LOT MORE reading.

If all else fails, I'll buy a light controller. Dead line coming on fast for a show.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”