These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Pre-Programming Lighting Show

Getting good with your lighting shows? Need to show others the power of your FreeStyler programming? Than drop some pictures or videos in this section and Show the world your handy work!
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Pre-Programming Lighting Show

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hey
Just thought I'd share what I'm up to at the moment. I'm currently pre-programming some lighting for a festival later this year, so here is a few pictures.

Front View

Left View

Right View

Top View

Rear View

This will be on the back of a 45foot HGV trailer unless things change and they hire a proper stage.
Any questions just ask :)
Feedback welcome
Peace 8-)

buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Re: Pre-Programming Lighting Show

Post by buttza »

Cool. I like your layout. I like what you did by creating it in a trailer. :) Nice work bro. :) Your really getting the jist of this fast. :)

You should Download a Trailer stage from 3D Warehouse and then use Sketch it to open.
There is a plugin you can use to convert the file to direct X file then can be opened in Magic 3D Viewer.
Then make your stage area the size of the audience area so you can see what your lights are hitting and crowd spread etc. :)

I added these to show you how I created the stage but still used the space where the audience is just for position adjustments and to get an idea of the light spread. I build it as close to the real thing as possible so that when I get to the event is it already programmed up as much as possible. Usually I only need to update the positions. :)

Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Thanks for comments.

What you've done is amazing, it makes mine looks so noobish and crap compared to yours. I've never really used 3D in depth that much as we've only really had little jobs, so it's never really been needed. I do love your pictures though and I see what you mean of how it works :)

Peace 8-)
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

I use 3D to give clients an idea of what it might look like, then I get to create the whole show before hand. It just means that I don't have to hire all the gear for programming an incur more expense. :) I am going to put together a tutorial on how to import 3D models from 3D Warehouse. :)

I probably have way too much time on my hands. lol. I spent a lot of time playing SimCity and Rollercoaster Tycoon. ;)
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Yeah, that's the idea of why I started using it and to also cut down program time. We have all the equipment we need as we own it all, but it's nice to cut down program time as you don't realise how long it takes to setup and normally something goes wrong. I've seen your post in 3D view section and I will be sure to have a look and post the results :)

Oh I see lol Don't worry about it as I spend too much time on Euro truck simulator 2 ;)

Return to “Show us your shows...”