These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Starting to get the hang of it :)

Getting good with your lighting shows? Need to show others the power of your FreeStyler programming? Than drop some pictures or videos in this section and Show the world your handy work!
UniCav
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Starting to get the hang of it :)

Post by UniCav »

Just a couple pics. Hope to have a few videos before long. This is the current setup with our 8 Chauvet SlimPAR 64's behind us and the 2 ADJ Mega24 Pro's uplighting the banners.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/911b2fivr5pom ... 130914.jpg

I'm using the upper rows for the PAR chases and the bottom rows for the static colors of the Mega24's
The MDP18 has 3 banks and I'm only using bank A for sets. Bank B I have static scenes (high/low intensity and different colors) to use during breaks. As I keep adding sequences and fixtures we'll eventually make it to Bank C LOL. The slider is master speed and it's made the whole rig SO much easier to operate live while I"m also singing and intermittently playing keyboard

And here's the "Command Center". I keep the laptop backstage and run Freestyler from the Akai MPD18 on the right side of my keyboard.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/263usr2hzjlrc ... 130927.jpg

The little box on the left is a Tascam 4 track we record our shows on. On the floor is my harmonica case on the left and my Boss VE-20 vocal processor on the right.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/70v0dh1jf9ysn ... 0927-1.jpg

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Starting to get the hang of it :)

Post by Nathanrs93 »

That's quite a nice setup there :) Keep up the good work unleashing them beams :)
UniCav
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Starting to get the hang of it :)

Post by UniCav »

Thanks Nathan! Everyone on here has been a HUGE help. It's funny to read my 1st post years ago where I didn't have a clue where to even start then fast forward a few years and in a matter of weeks I was creating fixtures and getting control of everything. The MIDI controller is a must have for a rig like this. I ran one show with the laptop beside me and I worried all night trying to hit the right keys and whether or not some drunk would jump the stage and break the whole thing LOL. Our next addition will be 8 more PAR's and some new Mushrooms and other effects which I will start jacking into the chain so I can turn them off between songs for a more dramatic effect. That laser we have is already DMX capable so we can start disabling it between songs and eventually we'll swap the Fog machines over to DMX. I really need to play with GoMonkey or the Cue Lists and start setting up scenes throughout songs

Return to “Show us your shows...”