These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Wedding party summary video

Getting good with your lighting shows? Need to show others the power of your FreeStyler programming? Than drop some pictures or videos in this section and Show the world your handy work!
BillsGate
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 4.x
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Wedding party summary video

Post by BillsGate »

One of the weddings I've done this summer, I used my camera to record some videos. I've put them together in a compilation and sent it to the newlyweds.

Since the entire lightshow is controlled with Freestyler, I thought it's worth sharing here :D

Bear in mind: The video fragments are shot during the entire evening and the music was added later into the video, therefor movements are not in sync.
My camera has a terrible mic, using the live audio is not really an option :?

Please tell me what your thoughts are about my show :)

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Wedding party summary video

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hey, BillsGate

What a show! Love it from beginning to end, every minute of it. I also thought that the music pretty good choice as well, to say it wasn't live and added later as it look in places like it was synced :)

I thought I noticed you had a laser? Just remember to not use it ALL the time, like most people do as it looses it's purpose. I couldn't see it quite clearly so I can't really comment, but do like a blackout on a beat drop, then bring the laser in, then maybe strobe? You get the idea :lol: Just keep your audience guessing and wanting more.

But brilliant show all round mate :D
/Nathan
BillsGate
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 4.x
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by BillsGate »

Thanks for the compliments! :oops:

I do have a laser, a Beamz Juno 4. It's cheap to buy, but the build and output quality give that away quite easily. I wouldn't reccomend it really.
This is a testrun of the laser in my living room: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWUXT6jHJmw
As you can see, 'Full four colored laser' is quite an overstatement :)

Normally the laser is only used to accent some parts of trance/dance songs. It mostly doesn't get used longer than a total of 5 minutes per 5-hour party. However, the laser looks quite nice on video, so a lot of 'lasered' material ended up in the resulting video :)

Blacking out some of the other fixtures to accent the laser a bit more is a great suggestion. I already have override buttons to blackout my washes and/or my MHs, I'm gonna use them next time while the laser is switched on. Thanks!
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Welcome :)

I see what you mean from the video with the laser, but for what it is and disco wise I don' think it's a bad piece of kit. Yeah, I find that trance/dance songs like you say are the "best" for bring in lasers and strobe etc. But it's all personal opinions as well I suppose, as you won't get two LJ's that have the same ideas.

Thanks for reading and taking my advice in mind, just a thought as I love to help people out to do better next time. It should be easy as well, especially if you have OR buttons already programmed for your other lights.

Always think ahead, I find it useful in the long run even if you only use it once or twice. It's there.

Return to “Show us your shows...”