These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Mixxx / Sound2FreestylerDMX

Discuss the latest developments or get support for them HERE.
monosodium
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Mixxx / Sound2FreestylerDMX

Post by monosodium »

I'm trying to get midi output from the (free) MIXXX dj software into Freestyler via Sound 2 Freestyler DMX...

I've got a loopback Midi port set up and it appears to be working, Sound 2 Freestyler says the port is open and I can see traffic coming from Mixxx but Sound2 doesn't pick up any beats - I'm probably missing something basic but I can't see it from here.

Do any of you folks have this setup working?

Laudrin
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Mixxx / Sound2FreestylerDMX

Post by Laudrin »

Do you mean Sound2Light? S2L does need audio, the beta available from the developer's webpage (not the FreeStyler webpage) has a built-in loopback function and does not need something like a virtual audio cable.

MIDI seems to be, like it's the way with FreeStyler, "only" for MIDI-Controllers or -Sequencers controlling the program externally, not the other way around. FreeStyler only sends MIDI for feedback (for example to light up buttons), I assume it's the same with Mixxx.

Check which audio output Mixxx uses and if S2L can pickup the audio signal from there. If not, try using another output and configure the same in S2L. If that still does not help, try the beta version of S2L.

Return to “FreeStyler 3rd Party Addons and utilities”