These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

How to connect general lighting luminaires?

Discuss the latest developments or get support for them HERE.
lfforberg
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

How to connect general lighting luminaires?

Post by lfforberg »

Hi. I need to run a 600 x 600 mm LED luminaire and have a Enttec Open USB2DMX widget, cables and Freestyler. Somehow, the luminaire is not recognised by the software, since it is not a standard "Disco light". Please advise. Thank you! Lars-Fredrik.

remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: How to connect general lighting luminaires?

Post by remco_k »

Assuming your light is a DMX controlled light, and you have the manual with it, it should be documented how many channels of DMX it uses, and what channel has what function.
Then you create a fixture file yourself, using the fixture creator that comes with FreeStyler.
Ofcourse, first search this forum's subforum FreeStyler Fixture Files - User created Downloads if its there already. If not, you create it yourself, and please post it in this subforum.

For someone with some experience and some knowhow of DMX, such things take around 10 minutes to do for this kind of light.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
lfforberg
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Re: How to connect general lighting luminaires?

Post by lfforberg »

Thank you very much, Remco. This was a great advice. Lars-Fredrik.

Return to “FreeStyler 3rd Party Addons and utilities”