These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

MIDI

Discuss the latest developments or get support for them HERE.
alicericci80
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

MIDI

Post by alicericci80 »

Hello to all,
I can not set the "MIDI" in "FreeStyler".

Now I'll explain what I've got to do:

I have a console "Botex DC-2448" which has an input and an output "MIDI" through which you can control some functions of the console shown on page 29 of this PDF: "http://www.elationlighting.com / pdffiles/scene-setter-48.pdf "
(This console is produced by several manufacturers, so the link above is not "Botex 'but equivalent).
I also have an interface "USB-MIDI" "ESI - Midimate II", which has an input and output "MIDI" I have connected respectively to the console.
The interface is correctly recognized by "FreeStyler".

I went to Setup -> MIDI, I selected the devices of input and output "MIDI."
What I can not do is assign the "Notes" MIDI of console (shown in the PDF above) to "FreeStyler".

How can I do?

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: MIDI

Post by Spirit »

hi i lookt at the pdf but i would have a look at page 23,24, 25, and mainly page 26..

i recomend to use the CLOSE LOOP MODE.

and it says it works on NOTE ON and NOTE OFF by default Freestyler works with OnOFF/flash
but you can enable this on the options from the midi page.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
alicericci80
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by alicericci80 »

I'm using the CLOSE LOOP MODE.
I think what I have to do is set the "MIDI notes" (page 26) in the MIDI page of FreeStyler.
In this way I should be able to control the intensity of the 48 channels using the notes 70-117, plus other features given by the other notes.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

this should be realy easy on FS.

Go to the midi panel.
select midi device
Press Start
Press edit
now select a Function From FS.
drag/press the Atribute from the Midi controller and the Note should be added automaticly..

if this still doesnt work.

try do download midi-ox and try to get some MIDI input on the Midi monitor from midi-ox.
make a screenshot and post it here so i can try to take a closer look at it...

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
howseLP
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by howseLP »

rsz_1rsz_console2.jpg
rsz_1console.jpg
hello,
I am new here but not to freestyler.
I have a few questions that can be answered here.
1st have designed a midi console.
i have the finished cad drawings but would like feedback on ideas. if i can figure out i will add pics. it has 1 15" touchscreen and 2 7" touchscreen monitors as well as buttons and faders as follow. everything is arranges in similar layout of freestyler for ease of use. please let me know if I am forgetting any major items needed.
the buttons and sliders are as follows:
over ride buttons
tabs for over ride pages
cue buttons and page buttons for cues
scene creator buttons,
for buttons and faders
24 faders
24 buttons
extra buttons
speed faders
mouse
keyboard
joystick
to horizontal faders
group buttons
master speed
master int.
usb input
monitor output
also building in a version without pc build in it will have 3 monitor inputs and usb connection to hook to existing computer.
i cant put a button for every feature (there will be 3 touch screens and a mouse and keyboard on a drawer that slides out) but i want to cover all of the common used buttons.

i have to submit the cad file to the shop Thursday so i want to be sure i have all buttons and faders cut out. the graphics shop also needs their copy by Friday to overlay the metal.

thanks in advance.
matt

also how do i send a message to ralph? or does anyone know how i would go about changing the size of the cue window and the override button window?? also can the fixture group window be moved?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

hi

i think i'm the master here about creating your own Conroller surface. and midi/touchscreens

i'm all ready busy for about 1 year on my build and i allready have the final product that works..(See image)
IMAG0358.jpg
therse also a Video on the Freestyler facebook.
but i allready Thinking about it for 2 or more years..because i cost allot of money and i did not like to have a Controller i did not like realy quick..

and here a other image with a Touchscreen build in a Flightcase
https://www.dropbox.com/s/maieubl8eqllmew/IMAG0152.jpg
and at the moment i allways bring my BCF2000 with me..

i also build a idea with 3x 15"touchscreens + 3x Bcf2000 but in the end it was Way! to Big and i did not like the layout from the BCF2000 there also should be a image somewhere on the Forum..

but in the end i dont like to use Touchscreens...
this is the touchscreen interface i use:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/351dybtbtabhu ... %20TUI.png
here i have 30 Override buttons and 10 Submaster list..so i can see which Seq i have selected..
the override buttons on the touchscreen i add some Easy buttons i dont use allot..
on the midi device with real buttons i also add some overridebutton i Use ALLOT!!!

also how do i send a message to ralph? or does anyone know how i would go about changing the size of the cue window and the override button window?? also can the fixture group window be moved?
Many poeple have ask this but the devolper is not going to add this Feature his windows are FIXED..otherwise i think the Layout will not look ok anymore..

/spirit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
howseLP
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by howseLP »

thanks for all of the info and fast reply. i like your version of controller!

Return to “FreeStyler 3rd Party Addons and utilities”