These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Simple Freestyler Interface

Discuss the latest developments or get support for them HERE.
Dr.Ew
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Re: Simple Freestyler Interface

Post by Dr.Ew »

Well, I know this is an OLD thread, but I wanted to post a Thank you to Reg for this simple add-on.

I direct the lighting team for Westwinds Community Church (Jackson, MI). Our main sanctuary is a large, high ceilinged room with no windows whatsoever with all the walls painted matte black (which absorbs a lot of the light). With the walls so dark, it is difficult to display colors. To make the colors visible, we put up artwork, sculptures or other objects around the room and use a collection of RGB Leds to light them.

Everything is currently running off Freestyler 3.5, and it is easy to control a live show. My main hiccup was during a mid-week meeting or conference, an inexperienced staffer (who is not on the lighting teamE may attempt to run a show, which usually just creates one big chaotic mess!
Setting up the Simple Freestyler Program, I created a set of 20 sequences, each one is a preset combination of colors. Teaching the non-lighting team members how to run the Simple Freestyler program is a simple 2 minute lesson and then they're off and running without even having a chance to cause a wreck!

I'll still stick to running my shows using the FS program, but for all the other people, I think your idea was a huge relief! Thanks againI
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FreeStyler 3rd Party Addons and utilities”