These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Sound To Light Beta Bugs .....

All previous beta Bugs will be moved to here on release of a NEW Beta
Plasma
FreeStyler Telnet Creator
FreeStyler Version: 2.96H
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Sound To Light Beta Bugs .....

Post by Plasma »

I've posted a few in via the "Bug Report Form" already, not sure if they have been noticed by others. Is there a page where we can see the "currently reported bugs" that have been submitted via the Bug report form? I submitted a few but forgotten which ones!

Anyway .. this is one of them ......

i) I'm guessing some changes have been made around the sound to light module, as now when launching it, we get a separate window with "SL" as the title instead of the MDI Child forms like the rest of them. This causes a few problems, the most noticable being if you select another component within FS while the "SL" window open it gets sent behind the main form and you have to go looking for it again. If you try and bring it to the front by clicking the Speaker Icon again you get an error saying "An Instance Is Already Running", could we make this show the existing window instead of an error? Also when closing Freestyler while SL is open it leaves the SL process running.

Plasma

There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't!
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Sound To Light Beta Bugs .....

Post by djSupport »

the SL system went from being a child form to now its own independant program,

as for bug reporting thing... not at the moment no as were all busy people and it would require alot of work sorting out whats a bug or not with raph the developer! then adding it to forum...
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Plasma

Post by Plasma »

DJ Support wrote:the SL system went from being a child form to now its own independant program
Maybe we could just have the option to be "Always on Top" or lock to front, and instead of the error get the SL program to appear from behind if you click the Speaker Icon again.

Plasma
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't!
Plasma

Post by Plasma »

UPDATE: I'm sure there was a good reason for separating the S2L module from the main program, although I can't think of one off the top of my head. It being separate now caused me a few problems during live use.

We were having a music night with vast swings in musical style, by this I mean some were rock numbers, some were ballads, some were love songs etc. I was using S2L as this was my first show and I'm still getting to grips with Freestyler. Because of the varied musical styles the S2L needed constant adjusting to stop us having a Rave Light show when a Love song was being sung for example.

Was a real pain in the a$$ to have to come down, lift the start bar from it being auto hidden, then click SL to retrieve the window from behind the Freestyler one every time I wanted it, then it fell to the back every time I selected another fixture, or did anything in FS. I think it was better how it was, but as I say, I'm guessing there was a pretty compelling reason to remove it from the main program????

Plasma
Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA

Post by Mattotone »

It was seperated because it wasn't very stable and kept causing freestyler to crash.
Now it can crash all it wants and won't bring freestyler down in the middle of the show.
I also agree with what you are saying however i just press Alt Tab and it brings it back in focus.

Matt
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024
Plasma

Post by Plasma »

Ok I now know the reason and its a good one! Can I request this simple change be implemented in the SL application ...

In a BAS module ...

Code: Select all

Option Explicit

'Function to push APP to of other windows front
Public Declare Function SetWindowPos Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal hWndInsertAfter As Long, ByVal x As Long, ByVal y As Long, ByVal cx As Long, ByVal cy As Long, ByVal wFlags As Long) As Long

Public Sub putMeOnTop(Form As Form)     'Sub lock app in front focus
    SetWindowPos Form.hwnd, -1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1 Or 2
End Sub

Public Sub takeMeDown(Form As Form)     'Sub to remove front app lock
    SetWindowPos Form.hwnd, -2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1 Or 2
End Sub
Then from the SL window you can call ...

PutMeOnTop me
or

takeMeDown me
To Pin and Unpin The App in front of other windows, which returns the always visible functionality but keeps SL separate incase it crashes!

Kind Regards

Plasma
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

with that it would probably get to raph quicker emailing him, catching him on msn/wlm or using the bug report form! :-)
Plasma

Post by Plasma »

Ok Submitted it as a bug 'fix' as I'm at work at present and don't have Raph's email address with me.

Plasma
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

i know lol i get a copy off all bug reports as i made the form and created that idea lol

Return to “Previous Beta Bugs”