These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Cleaning your Fogger/Smoke Machine

This Section is being migrated to The DMX Wiki http://www.thedmxwiki.com Check out more DMX tutorials and knowledge there or share your own knowledge!
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Cleaning your Fogger/Smoke Machine

Post by djSupport »

A widely suggested way to internally clean your smoke machine is to replace the smoke fluid with a bottle of DE-IONISED Water and turn it on and run it through the system,

Please Note I said DE-IONISED water the same one you stick in cars normal water could seriously harm your machine

This will clean out the heater and outut hole etc etc....

Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA

Re: Cleaning your Fogger/Smoke Machine

Post by Mattotone »

COULD some one please clarify but i believe your meant to use distilled Water to flush out your machine (Its easier to get hold of). This is because deionized water is can be corrosives as it takes away ions from the metal it is in/#.
Deionized water:
Deionized water contains no ions, which means it has had the chemically reactive molecules removed. If put into contact with metals, however, it will happily take on new ions, with disastrous results.

To clean your fogger, set forth to your local grocery store and procure a gallon of distilled water and some clear vinegar. After returning home, prepare a solution of 50% distilled water and 50% clear vinegar. Empty your fog machine of all fog fluid (throw it away). Fill the tank with the solution of 50/50 water/vinegar. Power up your fogger in a well ventilated area, let it heat up, and fog as usual. The vinegar should dissolve at least some of the impurities that are in the pump and/or heater, and the water should flush them out. After you're satisfied that the cleaning procedure has done all it's capable of doing (hopefully fogging nice and steady now, with good output), empty your fog machine of the cleaning solution (throw it away). Fill the tank with fresh, new Fog Fluid. Power up the fogger and fog as usual. Machine is now ready for use and/or storage.

I'd like to stress that a fog machine should never be stored immediately after cleaning. You should always put Fog Fluid in the machine and make fog for a few minutes before putting it away. A fogger should never be stored, even for a day, without Fog Fluid in the pump and the heater.
theatrefx.com

Kind Regards Matt
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la

Post by djSupport »

that may have been a f*** up in my wording :o :? ignore my post :-(
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
matt
Admin
FreeStyler Version: NULL
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/hankosky

Post by matt »

Great Tip Matt, I also recommend removing your nozzle from the front of the machine and clearing any debris that is stuck in there.
Matt Hankosky
twitter.com/hankosky
flickr.com/photos/mattxhank

Return to “DMX and General Lighting Tutorials and How to's”