These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Shutter Effect with 3 Channel Fixture

Download new fixtures Created by the community! And also see it in the NEXT Release! - This Area is ONLY for fixtures you HAVE created and are sharing NOT for requests!
Forum rules
Only Create posts with the Title being the fixture your supplying and add the fixture as an attachment! NO Off site links if this is a problem talk to an ADMIN.
abluem97
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Shutter Effect with 3 Channel Fixture

Post by abluem97 »

Hey Guys. I understand that this question is pretty amateurish. That's because i'm a total amateur.

I have a 3 channel DMX 512 Decoder with a simple LED strip hooked into it. I have the channels set up simply as:
1 - Red
2 - Blue
3 - Green

I've come to grips with the fact that the decoder does not allow for a true strobe effect (which is ridiculous because the $12 wifi controller that came with the strip does strobe.) I did set up a sequence to change colors really quickly though and it does create a pretty close strobe effect.

However, what's really baffling me is that I cannot get the shutter to work or the lights to turn off at all! I realize that the shutter should be set up on a separate channel, but the decoder is only 3- channel. I feel like there has to be a way to do it regardless (or at least simulate the effect.)

Turning the lights off should be a pretty simple function right? Am I missing something simple? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Shutter Effect with 3 Channel Fixture

Post by Jan_K »

Hej

I just had a look and you are right. It looks like Freestyler don't use the shutter panel when only the RGB channels are used.

/Jan
abluem97
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by abluem97 »

Jan_K wrote:Hej

I just had a look and you are right. It looks like Freestyler don't use the shutter panel when only the RGB channels are used.

/Jan
Thanks for responding Jan. Do you know of any work around for this? I find it hard to believe that there is no way to turn the lights off/on through freestyler. If not with the shutter panel then using some other method??

On/off seems like it should be a pretty straight forward function regardless of how many channels there are...
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

I remember asking for this a while back as a feature request. RGB Virtual Channel/Shutter so that you can fade segments on LED bars that are RGB segmented etc.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Well it is still marked "under consideration" and it has been that for a while so I don't think that he is going to make it unless it gets a lot of focus from our site.

http://www.freestylersupport.com/bugs/view.php?id=259
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

Well I hope it comes through. Would be useful.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - User created Downloads”