These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Light Emotion LED PAR 64

Download new fixtures Created by the community! And also see it in the NEXT Release! - This Area is ONLY for fixtures you HAVE created and are sharing NOT for requests!
Forum rules
Only Create posts with the Title being the fixture your supplying and add the fixture as an attachment! NO Off site links if this is a problem talk to an ADMIN.
lindsayward
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Light Emotion LED PAR 64

Post by lindsayward »

Hi. This is my first post here. I've been using FreeStyler since yesterday and needed to create a fixture file for our lights, which are (Chinese) Light Emotion LED PAR 64.
They're 4-channel with RGB on 1-3 then the 4th channel is dimmer from 0-189, strobe from 190-250 and the last 251-255 is full brightness (same as 189, it seems).
It is working for me. I hope it helps someone else. Comments appreciated.

(Updated file so Open/Close for shutter work and "Off" for strobe sets the lights to off.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lindsayward on April 11th, 2013, 1:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lindsayward

Re: Light Emotion LED PAR 64

Post by lindsayward »

I'm not sure if I should ask this here or in a different forum... if it doesn't get answered I'll ask elsewhere.
I did not put a value in for the shutter channel, so I can't use the Open and Closed buttons.
If I do put channel 4 in, then the strobe doesn't work the way I want it: I want "Off" for the strobe to change to full brightness (dimmer 189), but when there's a channel set for shutter the entry box for strobe "off" is not editable :(

Channel 4 is intensity, strobe (and shutter)... what is the best way to get all features (strobe, dimmer and shutter open/closed)?

Thanks.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Please upload the DMX table so we can have a look.
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Think I got figured out what you want to do.
light_emotion.jpg
The rest is the way you operate it.

When you press "Off" the strobe and the light goes off.

If you instead press "Open" then the strobe goes to full light.
and if you press "Close" then strobe goes to no ligth.

/Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lindsayward

Post by lindsayward »

Thanks heaps for the reply.
I can't test it out now, but will do as soon as I can.

I believe I tried this before, but wanted to have "Off" for strobe leave the light at full. It seems the only way I can get that is by not having access to the open/closed shutter.
I think this way is better, so I get open/closed, but the strobe off turns the intensity to zero (instead of 189). This is probably more usable.
If my lights are strobing and I want to turn them to full light (previously this was "Off" for strobe), I should be able to just press "Open" and I get the same result.

How do I get the strobe (low-high) on a fader now?
Thanks!
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

First of all low, med and high buttons are still there.

And.
The way the lamp panel are build, you have one way to stop strobe.
"Open" or "Closed" you need to decide what state you want to end in.

The "Off" button was introduced because some fixture had a dedicated to strobe channel. (not mixed with the shutter)
In the case with your fixture I actually think it is an error that the off button is present in the lamp panel when no value is entered.

The right way to stop strobe is by using Open or Close.

/Jan
lindsayward

Post by lindsayward »

Yes, this works nicely now. Thanks.
It means that "Off" for strobe turns the light off instead of full (189), which I wanted, but it is much better to have the Open and Closed options, so I'm happy.

I've updated the file here now.
mutagenious
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by mutagenious »

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to write but here it goes: I have a similar setting. 4x4 led lights 3 channels RGB for each and channel 13 for the master dimmer and strobe. Similarly dimmer/strobe channel acts like an intensity control until 189 and strobe control beyond that (supposedly). My problems are the following:

1- When the values are between 0-3, the fixtures act erraticly. Some of the fixtures are off some are on.
2- Between 191-200 the fixtures shine at the highest intensity BUT YELLOW/RED ONLY although I haven't set those colors in the settings.
3- Beyond 200 it goes back to the color that I have actually set in a strobe mode (which is expected)
4- However, between 247 and 255 it goes back to full intensity in the set color (I guess this might be a common thing for LED lights??)

The most annoying thing is the second point above. Seemingly, you can't change from intensity to strobe mode without this random flash of red color.

What do you think the problem may be? I'm using GUS VL334 interface and the lights are a chinese version of 4 bar tri from chauvet.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance!
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

Could be lights faulty, dmx cables faulty... you should post a manual for your lights not the equivelent i.e. 4bar
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Da_Boom

Post by Da_Boom »

Does anyone know how to create this in 3D easy view using the scan-line editor?
djrodox
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by djrodox »

hello, fixture for par led big dipper lp 002 8chanells. thanks

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - User created Downloads”