These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Generic 13ch 15w "mini LED" / G6 moving head

Download new fixtures Created by the community! And also see it in the NEXT Release! - This Area is ONLY for fixtures you HAVE created and are sharing NOT for requests!
Forum rules
Only Create posts with the Title being the fixture your supplying and add the fixture as an attachment! NO Off site links if this is a problem talk to an ADMIN.
Lyfe
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.3.3

Generic 13ch 15w "mini LED" / G6 moving head

Post by Lyfe »

Hi all,

Been using Freestyle for about an hour, so please bear with me - not even sure my usb controller is linking to it proberly yet! :-D

Anyway, trying to map some fixtures and couldnt find mine in the list :roll: but since its one of those really cheap 15w mini LED moving head aka G6 and I dont even know who makes it (other than looking for Generic etc), I'm not overly surprised. So I started to create my own fixture - harder than it seems, since the manual is shocking.

I'm doing my best on limited experience (.pff attached), when it occured to me that this is becoming a very common fixture due to an extremely cheap price and the number of them on ebay, so I'm probably reinventing the wheel and an .fxt probably already exists...

Link to some photos of fixture and the best channel summary I've found
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4x-LED-Mini- ... 45fa2d64df

Link to some more photos and a scan of the offical manual channel summary which is more legible.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/15W-Led-Mini ... 3f0fc50086

I'm hoping someone on the forum already knows of this light and can either link a .fxt or give me a clue as to how to search for a completely unbranded, generic (but probably reasonably common) fixture?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alocaurd
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: TV Broadcast

Re: Generic 13ch 15w "mini LED" / G6 moving head

Post by Alocaurd »

i have the same lights, and tried looking for the same thing but to no avail. i've created my own basic file for it, but seeing how i have been using this software for all of 4 hours, im sure someone out there has made a better one.
Mixacious
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Generic 13ch 15w "mini LED" / G6 moving head

Post by Mixacious »

I too have just started with Freestyler and as the task of adding fixtures is essential before one can even get started, it is a hurdle for people new to this - clearly not just me.

So my question is, how do I find or add generic fixtures that would show what channels they have set up for them?

For example, I've purchased two "127Pcs LED RGB PAR Stage Lighting Effects DJ Disco Wash Can Lights DMX512 Strobe" from eBay. Cheap, but they work very well from my Neo Neon desk, using the first six sliders (channels). The problem is that this is a generic RGB PAR - there is no manufacturer name and no model, such as one might find with, say Chauvet, Showtec, American DJ, etc.

These aren't doing anything magical - CH1 is master bright, then R, G & B on the next three, strobe on 5th channel and various built-in modes on channel six.

The thing is that new users just want to know if anything even works! DMX isn't the sort of thing that you can test with a multimeter - I have an old analogue scope and that only just triggers well enough to let me see whether DMX is even there or not (and I know I've just lost most people by mentioning a scope!). Basically, a simple, generic setup (or even a walk-through of a GENERIC setup) that tells a new user, "Do this and you'll know if it is all working, or not" would be helpful.

I first bought a cheap DMX dongle, but nothing happened - that was £12 gone (yes, I tried a lot of things and wasted many frustrating hours). So then I had to spend £63 on an EntTec Open DMX dongle and that worked - DMX shows up on my brand new fixture. Now I know my PC is OK, my dongle is OK and my cables are OK and my fixture tells me that it is receiving DMX.

Many questions answered! But as that fixture isn't listed, how do I, as a newbie go about selecting something that will likely work properly with my fixture? The last thing that I would want to even consider doing, with my current knowledge of Freestyler, is plunging straight into an advanced topic like fixture creation...

OK, I could trawl through the list, trying them all, but I know that I'll want to pull my own head off after only a quarter of the way down the list! So one suggestion is that there should be more information about what a fixture in that list can be expected to do (channels, their uses, etc) and that the list can be searched by partial, case-insensitive characters.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - User created Downloads”