These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

MIDI controller LED feedback help needed

Questions regarding general external control forum.
Fixturelee
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Bedroom Lighting.

MIDI controller LED feedback help needed

Post by Fixturelee »

Hi
I'm just getting used to freestyler and have decided to buy a midi controller (irig pads)

Having a nightmare trying to get the pad LED to stay on while the cue is running or blackout is active. Looking through previous posts I understand that the midi device needs the IN and OUT set to my device, also the buttons need to be CC and also they should be set to momentary not toggle. What I'm finding is the buttons will only light up when pressed, I've tried everything to get the darn things to stay on until I stop the cue without any success

It's as if freestyler is trying to send the signal to my controller to turn the LED on but the action of pushing the button is cancelling out the signal, is saying this because it turns a red/green colour for a split second immediately after I release the button, then goes out.....

Any help where would be great

Thanks

Housesion
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: MIDI controller LED feedback help needed

Post by Housesion »

It only happens to me when lazar sequences, curiously if the order is given from the mouse, the led on the table is lit,

it's an Akai APC 20
Housesion
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: MIDI controller LED feedback help needed

Post by Housesion »

the problem is the time delay midi out is very small, whit Bome , no problem

Return to “General Midi Controllers”