These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Numark Orbit midi controller for freestyler

Questions regarding general external control forum.
Boone
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 2.96g

Numark Orbit midi controller for freestyler

Post by Boone »

Hallo,

I'm testing with a numark orbit to control my freestyler DMX.
I'm allready possible to select overide buttons and changing the submasters speeds, so that's working fine.

But i have one thing that i can not explain at the moment.

On my pads om my orbit, when freestyler is not running, is have some colours for each pad. The thing that i want is that a pad is red, for he overide button red, the pad blue fot he override button blue ...
So with the orbit programmer i programm the colours ant that is fine to.

But when i put freestyler in running. Than the colour is going awai, and everything is without light. And then when i select the pad red for example, the pad lights up in white. When i select the pad bleu, the red pad goes out en the blue pad turns on but in white.

So the coulour is gone when using freestyler ...

I hope someboy can help my to figure it out...

I should be possible because on youtube there is a movie with the orbit and freestyler ...

Somebody can help me please ?

Boone

Re: Numark Orbit midi controller for freestyler

Post by Boone »

Just did retesting with the Numark orbit, and i did some changes is the freestyler setup.

In the midi menu - options - MIDI feedback options for buttons - and put this on control change, and then the colours stays on the orbit. So that was 1 thing that I wanted.

But now i want that the activated button is lightet more, or is flashing, just to see that this one is activated. Is that possible?

Another question, is there any .xml file or something where you can find the midi setup and that you can use as a backup or to put on anohter PC?
Also is it possible to change for example the code in the .xml file to change for midi remapping ?

Some more questions. In the freestyler help, there is a older midi explain in it, but the new midi i can't find the discription of all the options. For example now you can do midi output, but how does that work ...

Hopefully somebody can help ...
Boone

Re: Numark Orbit midi controller for freestyler

Post by Boone »

Found it !!! With latest version you can add the colour code in the midi output and now it is working. With some research you can find it !!!

Return to “General Midi Controllers”