These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Control a group channel by MIDI

Questions regarding general external control forum.
Florian
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Control a group channel by MIDI

Post by Florian »

Hello everyone,

The question may already have been asked, I'm sorry if that's the case but I couldn't find the answer.
I'm working with a Behringer LC2412 plugged in to Freestyler in MIDI, and what I want to do is control some fixture groups' channels( for example the dimmer channel) with a faders using midi.
I am currently using the "MIDI to DMX" feature in the MIDI panel, but it is not very practical as I would like one fader to control the value of several fixtures. For example, control the color of all my scans with one fader. What I'm doing is I use 4 (for my 4 scans) "MIDI to DMX" things, all setup to the same MIDI note but different DMX channel.
It works, but first; there are only 24 of those, and second; sometimes I would like to control only the dimmer, which is on the shutter channel but I have to control the entire DMX channel.
Also, I precise that I don't want to have to change the current group to achieve this goal.

Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance for helping me ! :)

Colouredmirrorball
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Control a group channel by MIDI

Post by Colouredmirrorball »

Create a new chase and set all scanners to full intensity. Make sure no other channels are active (they all display OFF). Save chase somewhere.

Then, open up the Submasters panel (button with sliders). The Cue window should pop up as well. Click the open icon in the Cue window (the left one, not on the cue page side). This opens the window where all your Cue files are saved. Drag the chase you created to a column in the Submasters panel and drop it there. Click Run in that column. Your scanners should now go to full intensity. You can now control their overall intensity with the slider right next to the submaster column. You can assign this slider to a MIDI fader. Master intensity should also control the intensity of all submasters.

You can add more chases to this list with multiple scenes, they will respond to the tap sync.
Florian
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Control a group channel by MIDI

Post by Florian »

Hello,

It can also work this way, the problem is that you can only control 5 submasters at a time in MIDI in Freestyler (and 20 in total, but that shouldn't be a problem for now). I don't want to have to navigate throught submaster pages.
So any other/better way ?

Thanks anyway for answering me :)

Return to “General Midi Controllers”