These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

SPD SX controlling cuelist

Questions regarding general external control forum.
rizlfrizl
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3

SPD SX controlling cuelist

Post by rizlfrizl »

Im having trouble understanding why im Roland SPD SX wont toggle through the cuelist. I am able to map midi notes using the"learn" button under settings/externalcontrol/midi. I am able to see the note information populate as i hit different notes. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

rizlfrizl

Re: SPD SX controlling cuelist

Post by rizlfrizl »

Ive spent some time looking into the issue and have discovered the following:

Midi signal is reaching freestyler with channel and note number and 0 velocity.

and midi commands occur (change the cue list) when i hit the pads very very hard....

is there a way to lower the threshold for this trigger?? I dont want to blast these pads every time i want a light change
rizlfrizl

Post by rizlfrizl »

download Freestyler Configuration tool. Set velocity to one and point at root Freestyler folder location. Everything now works perfectly.
mattspunkm
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band
Twitter: twitter.com/mattspunkm

Post by mattspunkm »

we are wanting to use complete backing tracks with spd-sx... we are also wanting to control different light cues within each backing track using note on/off... is it possible to do this with spd? At the moment, we are using an ipad to play backing tracks.. what ipad sequencer should i use to playback tracks AND midi notes to trigger freestyler cues to my pc?

Return to “General Midi Controllers”