These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Mappings for Akai APC Mini

Questions regarding general external control forum.
msullivan1993
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Mappings for Akai APC Mini

Post by msullivan1993 »

So I bought an Akai APC Mini to use with Freestyler to make lighting easier. When I first looked into it, a lot of people made it seem like you had to use additional software (Midi-OX, Bome, etc) to get it to use. First time I plugged it in, Freestyler recognized it immediately and is letting me map with no problem. Also found out that setting the Midi Out allows the buttons to light up, which makes keeping track of what page I'm on easier. Now to figure out the mapping that I want to go with...

Right now here's how I have the APC Mini set up so far...

Scene Launch Buttons - Page 1-5
Stop All Clips - Tap Tempo

Faders Page 1: R/G/B/A/W/W/Color/Color2
Faders Page 2: Dimmer/Strobe/Prism/Prism Rotate/Focus/Zoom/Iris/Frost
Faders Page 3: Pan/Tilt/Gobo1/Gobo2/Gobo 1 Rotation/Gobo 2 Rotation/Fog Volume/Fog Fan Speed
Master Fader: Well...master fader.

I'm working on each page of buttons and how I want to set them up, as well as where everything will go. Ideally I would like to do..

Page 1 with Override buttons (Which will have specials and Blinder settings, so far) and groups of fixtures for easy selection and setting up.
Page 2: Cues and Cue Page selection

Lighting is mostly LED cans with some movers for effects. Still deciding how I want to do the rest...trying to make life easy but I'm really still a newbie when it comes to lighting. Any tips would be appreciated!

Vard
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Mappings for Akai APC Mini

Post by Vard »

Are you generally happy with it? I'm looking at buying the same controller...
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

I am just getting started with the apc mini and like it very much. Has anyone figured how to change colors on the lights on APC mini? My lights come on and go off but all are green.
maros336
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.637
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by maros336 »

Hello,
i am using Akai APC Mini too. To change colours of the buttons on APC Mini, you must configure Midi Notes.

Return to “General Midi Controllers”