These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

ERROR: Can't open midi out. RC=2

Questions regarding general external control forum.
dj_ripcord
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

ERROR: Can't open midi out. RC=2

Post by dj_ripcord »

Hello freestylers

I have quite the predicament on my hands here. Allow me to attempt to explain the issue,

I have 3 laptops, one is my main(well call this one number 1), and I do all of my work on it. Which is everything from DJ to word processing. I also use this laptop to program lighting with Freestyler. Since this is my main laptop for DJ as well, I do not control lights with it. I also have two other laptops that I normally would use to run freestyler, one is the main freestyler laptop (2), the other is a backup(3)

Now here is my issue, and strangely enough it seems to be acting like a disease. It first happened on my main (2) opening freestyler and getting an error (Cant open midi out RC=2) "Hmm. Weird" I reset the midi inputs, nothing. Reinstalled the drivers for my midi board. Nothing. Reinstalled freestyler after deleting all traceable residual files. Nothing. I simply could not get this damn midi controller to work. (Launchpad s btw) So I switched to my backup for the event. And it worked fine. Now I have a much larger issue, THE BACKUP LAPTOP IS NOW THROWING THE SAME ERROR CODE!!!! WHAT!?!?!?

I do not understand how this is happening, and I really need help fast. I can't run freestyler off of my main laptop because it interferes with my DJ controller. Hopefully this is something you guys have stumbled upon. ANY HELP AT ALL IS SUPER APPRECIATED!!!

Thank you.

Return to “General Midi Controllers”