These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Triggering with Roland TD-4

Questions regarding general external control forum.
ericc
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2

Triggering with Roland TD-4

Post by ericc »

I'm a drummer and I'm trying to map my snare drum to the Next Scene task. I've got two modules: an Alesis DM5 which works fantastically and a Roland TD-4 which is giving me trouble. Freestyler recognizes the note when I play it but when I try to use the drum to trigger the activity, nothing happens.

One thing I noticed is that I'm getting a "Note on" signal and then "Note off" with a velocity value of 64. I'm thinking that value has to be 0 and that's what's tripping it up.

I've tried changing every setting I can think of within Freestyler and on the drum module.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Michl59
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Triggering with Roland TD-4

Post by Michl59 »

Freestyler recognizes the note when I play it but when I try to use the drum to trigger the activity, nothing happens
Hi!

I'm trying to do the same thing with an Alesis DM10 and am having the same issue. Freestyler recognises all the inputs when tyring to assign to certain functions in the setup menu but when I press the button or hit the drums when saved nothing happens.

The "note-off" text is also visible so it might be related...

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers

Return to “General Midi Controllers”